+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

... we have no need to cherry pick; they pick us ...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Sorry mate can't agree, I don't think it would be too late. We've plenty of room if there were more affordable housing, schools, facilities etc. It's not like 5 million people are trying to get in, with people going abroad to live the difference is in the thousands. We've become a hostile country to immigrants which is what Patel said she wanted and that's put alot off. I think everyone is blowing up a mountain from a molehill. Immigrants add value economically to a country overall, its like as long as they only own the corner shop in the village its ok but anymore? No thanks we're full. We're actually not.
    There is nothing wrong with people wanting to come to this country to build a better life for themselves and their families in my view providing they go through the correct process and procedures to apply to live and work here.

The problem is the people who don’t who try to come to this country illegally on inflatable boats and in doing so are attempting to cross the channel in the summer when the sea is calm. This needs to be stopped immediately and discouraged on both sides of the channel. We have no idea who these people are, what their backgrounds are, where are they from? They could even be part of people trafficking, or be criminals or be involved in organised crime. How do we know they are not a threat to our national security? Crossing the channel on a inflatable boat cannot and should not be allowed to be a shortcut or bypass around the correct process for migrating to this country through the official channels.

As such there is nothing wrong in being tough on border surveillance and national security to protect the citizens of this country by turning these boats around, or intercepting the boats and sending these people back to mainland Europe with immediate effect.

The government first and foremost has a duty of care towards the citizens of this country and those who are applying to live and work in this country and who are doing so through the proper channels to stop these illegal crossings.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    There is nothing wrong with people wanting to come to this country to build a better life for themselves and their families in my view providing they go through the correct process and procedures to apply to live and work here.

The problem is the people who don’t who try to come to this country illegally on inflatable boats and in doing so are attempting to cross the channel in the summer when the sea is calm. This needs to be stopped immediately and discouraged on both sides of the channel. We have no idea who these people are, what their backgrounds are, where are they from? They could even be part of people trafficking, or be criminals or be involved in organised crime. How do we know they are not a threat to our national security? Crossing the channel on a inflatable boat cannot and should not be allowed to be a shortcut or bypass around the correct process for migrating to this country through the official channels.

As such there is nothing wrong in being tough on border surveillance and national security to protect the citizens of this country by turning these boats around, or intercepting the boats and sending these people back to mainland Europe with immediate effect.

The government first and foremost has a duty of care towards the citizens of this country and those who are applying to live and work in this country and who are doing so through the proper channels to stop these illegal crossings.
    Well said.

See when they land in the UK can you ****in keep them? instead of the fiddling barstewards coming over here then. You wouldn.t believe what goes on with them. Not speculation as relatives work in various departments in government over here & UK. Tell me, out of all of them that come over to the UK, how many have jobs & mortgages after a year or two or even 5 years.
    I'll give you a silly example of what they demand. A council over here was told by Dublin you are taking X amount of Syrians. So they had to go looking to purchase houses, all decent property as well. Took the representitives around, the snowflakes said no good, they have no Bidets.
    The Council were given no extra Govt funds either. These houses were costing approx €150 -200k well finished inside. You want to see inside the houses after some have moved back to the UK. A rat wouldn't live in them

I think Britain has a duty to help asylum seekers however they get here, illegal or legal. We're alright pontificating about what they should do or not do but until you live their life then you can't really comment. How do we know how hard it is to apply and get granted asylum? Have you never taken a short cut to do something that you know the long form is a ball ache? The only thing I agree with you on is that we don't know the backgrounds of all these people which is a fair point (I feel I always acknowledge the truth rather than the right who blindly argue irrespective of truth) but I'd still want to help a group of people who turned up in a dingy. That's just the way I feel we should be. Have a nice day.

Well said MM ...... It'll all get sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Well said MM ...... It'll all get sorted.
    What should 'mainland Europe' do with them?

... the shysters on mainland Europe can solve it themselves. They caused our problem by not processing the migrants in the first place ... would serve them right ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... the shysters on mainland Europe can solve it themselves. They caused our problem by not processing the migrants in the first place ... would serve them right ...
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    So you and your right wing pals in the press have invented a problem to distract from the failing Tory government and somehow Europe have to solve this problem ? I presume this is a joke ? If you're so bothered we'll rent you some buildings to open asylum processing centres here. If you are really lucky, enough will want to come so your fruit can be picked, pensions paid and replace the droves flocking over here to escape Tory hell.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast