+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If we were allowed to move where we want to Africa and the middle East would be almost empty, mind you places like Oz, NZ UK, Canada etc. would be sinking under the weight.
    I don't mind welcoming immigrants if they apply through the right channels and are accepted but not just taking anyone who decides to enter illegally.
    And you wonder why people voted for brexit?
    I don't think the numbers of immigrants illegal and legal will find us sinking. If other parts of the world want to move here cause theirs is a crap place to live then maybe we should welcome them and then try and address why theirs is so bad so the next generation born there might be happier to stay then all the Brexiteers would be happy cause everyone would stay in their own country, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't think the numbers of immigrants illegal and legal will find us sinking. If other parts of the world want to move here cause theirs is a crap place to live then maybe we should welcome them and then try and address why theirs is so bad so the next generation born there might be happier to stay then all the Brexiteers would be happy cause everyone would stay in their own country, problem solved.
    To late by then.

... how many times do we have to say that they're either economic migrants or refugees, not asylum seekers. That being the case and, as they tend to be the more affluent because they pay to use the trafficking route, they should either stay in their own country in order to improve it; or, go to the nearest sympathetic country more akin to their own style of life.
    However, I do appreciate that there is the other excuse ... the muslim civil war between Sunnis and Sheas; but that's another subject altogether, religion ... salaam alamalek ...

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    To late by then.
    Sorry mate can't agree, I don't think it would be too late. We've plenty of room if there were more affordable housing, schools, facilities etc. It's not like 5 million people are trying to get in, with people going abroad to live the difference is in the thousands. We've become a hostile country to immigrants which is what Patel said she wanted and that's put alot off. I think everyone is blowing up a mountain from a molehill. Immigrants add value economically to a country overall, its like as long as they only own the corner shop in the village its ok but anymore? No thanks we're full. We're actually not.

Alot of immigrants speak their language and English so naturally they want to come here. I wouldn't live on France cause I can't speak French so I can see why they want to go to the place that speak English and is (or was sorry) known for being fair and welcoming.

Another myth that the daily hate would have you believe is they all pass through Europe to come here. No they don't.

Home Office data shows that in 2019 there were about 36,000 asylum applications made in the UK. The vast majority arrived in the UK by other means than small boat crossings over the Channel.

The total compares with 165,615 asylum applications in Germany, 151,070 in France, 117,800 in Spain and 77,275 in Greece in the same period, according to Eurostat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... how many times do we have to say that they're either economic migrants or refugees, not asylum seekers. That being the case and, as they tend to be the more affluent because they pay to use the trafficking route, they should either stay in their own country in order to improve it; or, go to the nearest sympathetic country more akin to their own style of life.
    However, I do appreciate that there is the other excuse ... the muslim civil war between Sunnis and Sheas; but that's another subject altogether, religion ... salaam alamalek ...
    Roughly translated as:

"We don't want those bloody foreigners in our country, but if we want to live in their country they should welcome us with open arms, because we're the Brits and we're better than them".

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... for a refreshing change of topic, what do you think about the illegal economic migrants arriving on our south coast?
    The French are complicit in this illegal act. It's time that they were stopped on the French beaches before they leave. The migrants have bribed their way across Europe so they have never been entirely short of cash.
    Oh for a gun boat ...
    The people are not illegal. A person cannot be illegal in a democracy. An action can. The term economic migrant can be used of anyone who moves to a better paid job, as i have done. I assume These people are refugees, unless you’ve interviewed them personally and know better? Have you evidence for bribery accusations? Who did they bribe? When and how much?

They don't have any facts, if you look at the facts like economically immigration is good for a country but they won't admit that. I do believe alot do worry about resources and facilities in this country and I agree that we need more, and we that is a valid concern. I do think though that some of them just don't want anymore brown people in the country, they just don't have the balls to come out and say it. I think it would be better if they did, at least I'd respect the honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    They don't have any facts, if you look at the facts like economically immigration is good for a country but they won't admit that. I do believe alot do worry about resources and facilities in this country and I agree that we need more, and we that is a valid concern. I do think though that some of them just don't want anymore brown people in the country, they just don't have the balls to come out and say it. I think it would be better if they did, at least I'd respect the honesty.
    You've stated earlier that the country isn't full, at what point would you consider it full?

Generally I agree with controlled migration but have problems with it. To me I see it as a new type of colonisation, we take the cream of the developing world and use them for our benefit. We are just expoiting the less developed world in a new way. Shouldn't we be helping these countries retained their skilled citizens for their own benefit?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast