+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

O/T:- Boat People

... for a refreshing change of topic, what do you think about the illegal economic migrants arriving on our south coast?
    The French are complicit in this illegal act. It's time that they were stopped on the French beaches before they leave. The migrants have bribed their way across Europe so they have never been entirely short of cash.
    Oh for a gun boat ...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-08-2020 at 05:25 PM.

I've always thought how bad life must be wherever they come from to want to risk their life and that of their children. It's a complicated situation, and clearly one which is exploited by some, but seeking a better life, refuge from war, famine and dictators should not be met with gun boats in the channel.

‘black lives matter’
    ‘all lives matter’
    ‘what about the lives of those who are trying to get here on a dinghy?’
    ‘not those lives!’

The only reason we should get involved is to save lives. To that end I think we should be providing better boats, life jackets etc. and assisting the crossing. I thought you took back control of your own borders. Suck it up. We've got enough on our plates dealing with the massive surge in enquiries from Brits wanting to escape this way so you have plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... for a refreshing change of topic, what do you think about the illegal economic migrants arriving on our south coast?
    The French are complicit in this illegal act. It's time that they were stopped on the French beaches before they leave. The migrants have bribed their way across Europe so they have never been entirely short of cash.
    Oh for a gun boat ...
    Shouldn't you be putting this question to the Tory government rather than a few Notts County fans?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    The only reason we should get involved is to save lives. To that end I think we should be providing better boats, life jackets etc. and assisting the crossing. I thought you took back control of your own borders. Suck it up. We've got enough on our plates dealing with the massive surge in enquiries from Brits wanting to escape this way so you have plenty of room.
    Yep. Probably might equate to a 'one out, one in' policy in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I've always thought how bad life must be wherever they come from to want to risk their life and that of their children. It's a complicated situation, and clearly one which is exploited by some, but seeking a better life, refuge from war, famine and dictators should not be met with gun boats in the channel.
    Is there a war, a famine or dictatorship in France?
    Why not seek a better life in France? After all because of Brexit this country is going to the dogs, n'est pas?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Perhaps the oppressed and those fleeing war, victimised for their beliefs or ethnicity, instinctively *know* that Britain is a better place to find sanctuary than that country on the other side of the channel, whose government was complicit in sending its own citizens to the gas chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    Perhaps the oppressed and those fleeing war, victimised for their beliefs or ethnicity, instinctively *know* that Britain is a better place to find sanctuary than that country on the other side of the channel, whose government was complicit in sending its own citizens to the gas chambers.
    Or the ones that want to go to UK speak English and the ones that speak French (many) stay here. You do know there have been elections since 1945 ? We opt for the free and fair sort here. No Russian moles in the Elysee Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Shouldn't you be putting this question to the Tory government rather than a few Notts County fans?
    Fu*k me! Only you could blame this on the Government

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast