+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Boat People

... like wot I said, EWW. The trouble is, we've given millions to so-called develop countries; most of which disappears into the Swiss bank accounts that the then current rulers, mostly dictators, have to secure their retirement when they are deposed.

... ivan, I thought you were brighter than that. Firstly, the economic migrants dispose of their documents and are therefore stateless. Their entry is therefore illegal as they have forfeited their right of legal status. Anyway the main objective should be to neutralise the traffickers; not focus on the migrants.
    Secondly, where have you been for decades? There have been a good number of detailed documentaries following migrants across Europe to the UK. At every step, payments are made to the crooks who know the routes to traffick hapless migrants. Wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... how many times do we have to say that they're either economic migrants or refugees, not asylum seekers. That being the case and, as they tend to be the more affluent because they pay to use the trafficking route, they should either stay in their own country in order to improve it; or, go to the nearest sympathetic country more akin to their own style of life.
    However, I do appreciate that there is the other excuse ... the muslim civil war between Sunnis and Sheas; but that's another subject altogether, religion ... salaam alamalek ...
    One religion

... ivan, I thought you were brighter than that. Firstly, the economic migrants dispose of their documents and are therefore stateless. Their entry is therefore illegal as they have forfeited their right of legal status. Anyway the main objective should be to neutralise the traffickers; not focus on the migrants.
    Secondly, where have you been for decades? There have been a good number of detailed documentaries following migrants across Europe to the UK. At every step, payments are made to the crooks who know the routes to traffick hapless migrants. Wake up!
    How do you know these refugees are stateless? I suspect you don’t. Documentaries about trafficking are usually about undercover entry not in your face boat crossings. The boat people I know bribed nobody, carried their ID and now pay UK income tax. Where’s your evidence about these particular boat people?

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    Generally I agree with controlled migration but have problems with it. To me I see it as a new type of colonisation, we take the cream of the developing world and use them for our benefit. We are just expoiting the less developed world in a new way. Shouldn't we be helping these countries retained their skilled citizens for their own benefit?
    Interesting question, but the exact opposite of what those who have demanded a skill based points system for all migrants want.

What would The Sun make of "Sorry, you're too clever to work here, you need to use your skills back home"!

... like wot I said, EWW. The trouble is, we've given millions to so-called develop countries; most of which disappears into the Swiss bank accounts that the then current rulers, mostly dictators, have to secure their retirement when they are deposed.
    Let's just be thankful that's not the way the Tory government operates over here.

Ooops, wait a minute........

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting question, but the exact opposite of what those who have demanded a skill based points system for all migrants want.

What would The Sun make of "Sorry, you're too clever to work here, you need to use your skills back home"!
    Interesting indeed.

I wonder how many of those against immigration are happy to accept medical help from them?

Is it right that we milk the best people from other countries, yet it is tota!lly wrong if they want to come here to better themselves?

... magpie mania ... the medical professionals from overseas come to the UK legally, wanting to gain a UK qualification because the training is regarded as high quality and becomes it's own passport to a prosperous future. Many training and newly qualified doctors originally intended to return to their place of birth but choose to remain in the UK because, despite all our weaknesses as a country, this is a good place to live. It is also our right to be selective about who enters the country; the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

... magpie mania ... the medical professionals from overseas come to the UK legally, wanting to gain a UK qualification because the training is regarded as high quality and becomes it's own passport to a prosperous future. Many training and newly qualified doctors originally intended to return to their place of birth but choose to remain in the UK because, despite all our weaknesses as a country, this is a good place to live. It is also our right to be selective about who enters the country; the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
    What a meaningless response! My post was not about those who have come here, but those who are against immigration but are more than happy to be treated by them.

Not all come here for the training, where do you think Boris's 50,000 (ahem) new nurses are coming from? Certainly won't be training here.

As I said, is it right we cherry pick the health professionals from other countries?

I think all the foreign nurses I work with were already nurses when they came here. I did say EWW that we need to help make those countries better so that people want to stay there and can have a good life for their family but that might need a massive distribution of wealth and I don't see those 5% who own 95% of the worlds money in a rush to do that. We'll just stop people coming here by gunboat if we have to instead.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast