+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only one CB needed - Really

Only one CB needed - Really

So MB, is only looking to recruit one CB, hopefully a load of nonsense, but surely a mistake for true.
    Cooper / White possibly / Struijk / Casey / Ayling - is this a central defence, good enough to handle the likes of Aguero, Sterling, Kane & co. Huge step up, overall quality of attackers this time around pretty deadly, but time will tell.

One CB is enough on here.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    So MB, is only looking to recruit one CB, hopefully a load of nonsense, but surely a mistake for true.
    Cooper / White possibly / Struijk / Casey / Ayling - is this a central defence, good enough to handle the likes of Aguero, Sterling, Kane & co. Huge step up, overall quality of attackers this time around pretty deadly, but time will tell.
    May not have enough money to get more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    One CB is enough on here.
    Correct, there's only one CB

If we only sign one I'd be worried, I'll trust Bielsa but I can't help think this would be a massive oversight to go itno the season with only 2 genuine centre backs especially when in some games we play 3 cbs.

My other concern is it would increase the likelihood of Phillips having to play there and taking him out of his natural position and where he turns us into a much better team in CDM

so youre telling me that sheffield uniteds squad is 14-15 places better than ours? i don't bloody think so, ive just checked their squad, 95% of their squad was in the championship, i think folk need to chill a bit here

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    so youre telling me that sheffield uniteds squad is 14-15 places better than ours? i don't bloody think so, ive just checked their squad, 95% of their squad was in the championship, i think folk need to chill a bit here
    I've missed your statistics based optimism Clive, welcome back lad - the perfect antidote to the WTF discease

lol, cheers mate, i just think with the way we play, we should expect more teams to play more open rather than parking the bus, and so then you look at the quality of the lineup, and the style of the lineup, we won't struggle against many teams this season, maybe just the rich bunch, plus 2 or 3 others, but the rest are there for the taking in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    lol, cheers mate, i just think with the way we play, we should expect more teams to play more open rather than parking the bus, and so then you look at the quality of the lineup, and the style of the lineup, we won't struggle against many teams this season, maybe just the rich bunch, plus 2 or 3 others, but the rest are there for the taking in my opinion
    Agree the blades model is one we should follow.

I suspect we will bring in 4 or 5 players from the stuff coming out of ER so the could include two defenders but not necessarily two CB.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agree the blades model is one we should follow.

I suspect we will bring in 4 or 5 players from the stuff coming out of ER so the could include two defenders but not necessarily two CB.
    Blades can bore off, we aren't a tinpot team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)