+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ben White?

Yup - that is why it is now up to him. Leeds have made clear that they want him offered very good money and can’t do much more.

We should look elsewhere and if that thought scares him do whatever he needs to in order to make a move happen. Handing in a transfer request would be step one but not sure that is in his nature.

If it is not to be White needs to happen soon so the new player can be Bielsafied

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    time to move on from the White debate, no?
    Whoever is going to be the 'right' defender choice they'll have to be as good as this Mr Right for sure,right ?
    Whyte & Fairclough = class.
    MOT

This fella wasn't bad either, Norman and Big Jack tooName:  IMG_2922.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  32.5 KB

Its Time to get Koch in..

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    Its Time to get Koch in..
    Well, if we don't purchase a replacement for White before the start of the season, we do have Pascal Struijk or Oliver Casey as replacement.

i'm so gutted for Berra, he would have been ready to step in if required, stupid injury!, if not white then suitable replacement for him is required i feel

my favourite centrebacks from our last premier league run were Wetherall, Fairclough, Molenaar, Radebe, and Woodgate

Some fine players in there Clive. Liked Matteo and the best pairing I saw live was Woodgate and Ferdinand.

Molenaar was a beast of a player .

Whyte did well for us too.

Wish we could find a modern day Yeboah - loved watching him just strike a football he hit it so sweetly and with so little back lift

No offence Clive lad,
    but Berra is never ever a centre half.

Whyte and Fairclough were great until they changed the back pass rule!!

Quote Originally Posted by Selsey147 View Post
    Whyte and Fairclough were great until they changed the back pass rule!!
    Decent combo 'tho - that rule change obviously not popular with Wilko & George Graham back then changed the tempo of football for sure.
    Goalkeepers who had spent their whole life training to use their hands now had to use their feet.Back then goalkeepers frowned at the idea of using their feet. There were some exceptions of course but tactically look at how Bielsa has taken the goalkeepers role to new levels of distribution which I'm sure will be copied this coming season.

Whyte was very steady & Fairclough very calm,so for me a great combo for those times on the deck & in the air.
    2020 will require those attributes too whether via a flat back four or the lively back three we alternatively use.
    Keeper wise we're lucky to have one with quick gifted feet,IMO,which helps under pressure.

Whatever - it was me stating that White needs to prove his worth like Whyte did to become our Mr Right in defence centre.

MOT

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)