+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben White?

Lets just hope, that whatever the outcome of the White transfer situation, that it doesnt drag on, and become another one of our transfer window sagas. No doubting his talent & potential, but with other clubs also interested, important that other targets both at CB, and elsewhere, are pursued aswell. So many times the club appears to put eggs in one basket, now with the Prem looming, plans B & C required.

Cooper, I do love him now more than ever before but I can't honestly believe as much as I want to trust him in the Premier League. We need 2 more cb's, offer Brighton £25m for White Monday morning, not accepted walk away. We need 4 signings by Wednesday, to have time to learn and play Bielsa ball MOT

i heard a while back brighton dont wanna lose him but might accept 30m, now this is for a player who wouldnt need to adapt to bielsa, its ***** imo we get him, hes gelled with the squad, gelled with management, will be a future england defender, can cover dcm, his value will sky rocket and after we buy him for maybe 25-30m, if we are ever forced to sell him, we'll easily double our money, i dont think he'd require a particularly beefy contract with us either, certainly in line with our top earners but he wouldnt break our wage bank to join us i dont think, it was equally important to get harrison meslier and costa on board too, again all 3 know the bielsa way, and so does white, so lets get him, get a striker in to help bamford with getting goals, and maybe another cb on loan to cover the absence of berra, and a midfielder to cover the absence of forshaw, again could be on loan, i'd be happy with that, 2bf, if we have 18 senior players, backed up by our amazing youth players, i reckon that will be more than enough

hate to lay it all on one signing but White sets the tone for us going into the prem. A likely superstar in the next 5 years and you signed him. that's a show of intent if there ever was one. shores the defense for the upcoming season.

30 million is a lot for an unproven player at this level but is there anyone that's seen him that thinks he's going to fail under MB?

we miss out on him and we are rolling the dice that someone can adjust to MB's system in a month. that's asking a lot of anyone other than one of our youth players that know the system

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    hate to lay it all on one signing but White sets the tone for us going into the prem. A likely superstar in the next 5 years and you signed him. that's a show of intent if there ever was one. shores the defense for the upcoming season.

30 million is a lot for an unproven player at this level but is there anyone that's seen him that thinks he's going to fail under MB?

we miss out on him and we are rolling the dice that someone can adjust to MB's system in a month. that's asking a lot of anyone other than one of our youth players that know the system
    Despite the fact I'd love him to come to Leeds, if the report from Football Insider is true, and Brighton have rejected £30m, we should walk away, it's too much to ask of what funds we have to spend more on one player. (and White can decide if he wants to warm the bench at Brighton or put ina transfer request (which might be what Leeds are angling for, who knows!))

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...ben-white-bid/

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Despite the fact I'd love him to come to Leeds, if the report from Football Insider is true, and Brighton have rejected £30m, we should walk away, it's too much to ask of what funds we have to spend more on one player. (and White can decide if he wants to warm the bench at Brighton or put ina transfer request (which might be what Leeds are angling for, who knows!))

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...ben-white-bid/
    Agree if White wants to come to us he may need to force the issue. Liverpool would be a big draw though and if he is promised first team football then think we have no chance.

30 mill is a crazy sum which shows how messed up football’s economics are.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agree if White wants to come to us he may need to force the issue. Liverpool would be a big draw though and if he is promised first team football then think we have no chance.

30 mill is a crazy sum which shows how messed up football’s economics are.
    I have a sneaking suspicion he will, and if he is as bright and intelligent as I think he is (and willing to think independently rather than get his head screwed by which ever blood-sucker (sorry, "agent") is "advising" him), he will see that whilst Liverpool (and others) might be a big attraction, why would they give him 1st team time when they already have a squad (in Liverpools case) of winning the PL convincingly? They (and others) are as much concerned about making sure he DOESN'T play for the opposition as they are about giving the lad 1st team experience. Set against that uncertainty the knowledge that he WILL get 1st team time at Leeds. Difference is the wage package, probably!

Yep official Brighton have turned down a 30 million quid bid.

Think that will be that.

I try to remember the positive on this. we benefited tremendously from a player that was instrumental getting us to the prem. White benefited from MB's coaching and Brighton made 30+ million pounds. No small thing for a club that size.

I also try to remember that they could have recalled him in January and I think we'd still be in the championship if that had happened. would not have made sense but there are clubs that would have done that, if nothing else out of spite or keeping up from going up and competing against them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I try to remember the positive on this. we benefited tremendously from a player that was instrumental getting us to the prem. White benefited from MB's coaching and Brighton made 30+ million pounds. No small thing for a club that size.

I also try to remember that they could have recalled him in January and I think we'd still be in the championship if that had happened. would not have made sense but there are clubs that would have done that, if nothing else out of spite or keeping up from going up and competing against them.
    All true (depending on whether they do actually sell the guy (whether he puts in a transfer request or not)), but I think if he goes anywhere but Leeds, he will end up not warming the bench, not even in the subs, given the size of most PL squads and their existing pool of talent. If he wants bigger bucks than Leeds can offer as a wage, that's his call I guess, just seems a waste when he did so well, and got on so well with his team mates at Leeds.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)