+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben White?

Ben White?

Just how much is this talented lad worth?

Brighton have turned down 2 bids for him from us.
    Second bid reportedly 22 million quid!
    Maybe it could happen as he has turned down 2 contract offers from Brighton.

Would be a superb signing but there appears to be a few clubs after him

Think a lot of his decision will come down to the contract.

If he doesn't sign one they're in a position where taking 20m is their best bet. If he does sign one its game over.

Depends which clubs are circling, if it is the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea, then I think Brighton will try and hold out for a higher fee.

The only way we can get the upper hand would be for White to ask for a transfer imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Depends which clubs are circling, if it is the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea, then I think Brighton will try and hold out for a higher fee.

The only way we can get the upper hand would be for White to ask for a transfer imo.
    Maybe I am being naive but isn't it implied that he wants to leave since he passed up 2 Contracts? Additionally, not sure about Chelsea, but he won't get much playing time with Liverpool.

As we have seen all last season, hes a talented player, fantastic for us, but it was just one season, at Championship level.
    Stepping up to Prem level, totally different thing - think at this point a transfer fee of around 10 -12 mill would be fair, there must be other options available - more experience etc, hardened to higher level of football. White for me would be a bit of a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Maybe I am being naive but isn't it implied that he wants to leave since he passed up 2 Contracts? Additionally, not sure about Chelsea, but he won't get much playing time with Liverpool.
    It is implied, but if he hands in a transfer request it becomes fact. He would lose any loyalty bonus etc, however Brighton would then officially have a disgruntled player on their hands. This would normally weaken a clubs bargaining position, as who really wants to keep a player that is publically looking for a transfer whilst running their contract down and perhaps not being committed?

The bidding clubs being well aware of how this plays out will continue to keep offers low, which in theory means a bidding war would not really happen. Brighton would be in danger of missing out on a good transfer fee, so most likely would accept a genuine and fairly priced offer.

Happens to us all the time, Taylor, Wood, Byram, Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass etc etc.

22 mil is more than enough for an unproven prem defender.
    If he wants to stay at Leeds he needs to force the issue.
    We’ve seen it happen to ourselves before.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    It is implied, but if he hands in a transfer request it becomes fact. He would lose any loyalty bonus etc, however Brighton would then officially have a disgruntled player on their hands. This would normally weaken a clubs bargaining position, as who really wants to keep a player that is publically looking for a transfer whilst running their contract down and perhaps not being committed?

The bidding clubs being well aware of how this plays out will continue to keep offers low, which in theory means a bidding war would not really happen. Brighton would be in danger of missing out on a good transfer fee, so most likely would accept a genuine and fairly priced offer.

Happens to us all the time, Taylor, Wood, Byram, Beckford, Howson, Snodgrass etc etc.
    I guess I was naive. In fairness, its a tough decision for the lad.

If Ben has any aspirations about playing International football, then he needs to have game time to showcase himself. I agree that stepping up from the Championship to Premier League will be a huge task, but that is the same for all the squad so they will be in it together.

Therefore the only sensible solution (and this is more pragmatic than a fingers crossed Leeds fan) is for him to join Leeds, where he is certain to start in the back line, bar any injuries. I'm no sure that the decision is really a hard one, given that he hasn't kicked a ball for Brighton the situation is therefore only a paper contract as opposed to any loyalty. I agree that in order to get this going properly and bring Brighton to the table with some sensible numbers, he needs to hand in a transfer request if the next bid is turned down.

Shows ambition from Leeds too. Liverpool and Man City have booked signed other CB so if he wants game time unlikely to get it at either of those two.

he also knows what amber can do for his game.

lets hope we get it over the line early next week together with Benrahma

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)