+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben White?

I suspect we will be without White this season

Has anyone seen or heard that Brighton are saying his value is now 40 million? If so, is there a process to appeal to the Football League on this figure? And yes, I do know we probably won't get a fair hearing! But if a player wasn't good enough to keep and play in the PL...when that club was struggling in the relegation zone for most of the season...then how can they claim that as a fair value? Forget what Bielsa has done with him with us, he wasn't good enough for Brighton to keep and play!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard that Brighton are saying his value is now 40 million? If so, is there a process to appeal to the Football League on this figure? And yes, I do know we probably won't get a fair hearing! But if a player wasn't good enough to keep and play in the PL...when that club was struggling in the relegation zone for most of the season...then how can they claim that as a fair value? Forget what Bielsa has done with him with us, he wasn't good enough for Brighton to keep and play!
    The club determines what they see as being the players value, there is no "market testing" appeals process. Nothing to do with fairness, never has been in the case of any players for any club, it's what the market will bear as far as the players owning club goes.

Understand the "value" definition you state, but was more wondering on what basis they arrive at the 40 million. What does that mean about the value of the other defenders they kept? Would they be worth more than 40 million???

Seemingly the only way this will be resolved is if Ben White forces the issue. He has been supposedly offered about 20k pw but turned it down. The local media seem to be saying he will stay at Brighton if they get his wages right and promise him 1st Team football otherwise he wants to come to Leeds but who knows this is even more a time when journos get creative with their writing.

The lad they have identified from Germany looks very very good so if Ben wants to come he needs to be more decisive.

On the 40m valuation I believe it is on the basis of thing of a number, double it and then add a bit more for good measure ....

Club i think has given up finally and too right. A second division player and they want how much lol can build a decent side with all that money.
    He looks good and we improved him so much but come on i think our first offer is all that he is worth as he is unproven in the top flight.
    If brighton value him so highly they should be offering him 80k a week not 20k.

55 million now.

why not just ask for Elland Road?

Looks like the bumboys are thinking big.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Understand the "value" definition you state, but was more wondering on what basis they arrive at the 40 million. What does that mean about the value of the other defenders they kept? Would they be worth more than 40 million???
    I agree they are ridiculous in that they didn't even want him a year ago, but i guess their value also takes into account what he will be worth and the 'development' time (i know, we did a lot of that, along with Newport) they would claim to have put in.

In terms of future worth, he will be worth a lot more than 40 mill in a couple of years time. He's a very special player and will become a top, top player over the next two or three years i would think.

Lots of parallels to Rio Ferdinand imo, both in terms of style/ability and where we paid up, and then his worth rocketed later. If he'd left Scum a few years after they paid 29 mill, as a PL and CL winner, he would've gone for twice that or even more.

I suppose in some ways it might be better to avoid the disappointment of having him for a couple of years and then losing him to Man City or somebody else with endless cash.

But look at the level we'd got to when Ferdinand was with us.

Ben who ?
    The club have even stopped following him on Twitter & Instagram - enough said.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)