+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columbo (Cop Shows)

Columbo (Cop Shows)

Every Sunday on 5 USA I watch Columbo, not all day but some of it. No matter how many times I've seen a particular episode I'ii watch it again and again. Negative Reaction with Dick Van Dyke and Suitable For Framing are the very best. I doubt any Cop show can beat Columbo, unless you know different.

Errrr Phil just one more thing

Quality show, remember a William Shatner one too (episode not TJHooker)
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 09-08-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Your spot on here Phil........Columbo ( especially the ones filmed during the 70’s ) are absolute classics.

Peter Falk was a genius at portraying the character but the list of stars who played the baddie was stellar.

The plot line and the way he solved the cases was also masterful.

The quality of acting and filming in that era was magical as well.

There’s loads from that era that stand out including Kojak but for true class and quality Columbo is peerless.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Every Sunday on 5 USA I watch Columbo, not all day but some of it. No matter how many times I've seen a particular episode I'ii watch it again and again. Negative Reaction with Dick Van Dyke and Suitable For Framing are the very best. I doubt any Cop show can beat Columbo, unless you know different.
    I do exactly the same thing. Columbo is tops of all time.

I do the same phil i thought it was just me lol

I love seeing the old Yankee sedans. America isn’t America anymore since the cars are like ours now. Looks like anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I love seeing the old Yankee sedans. America isn’t America anymore since the cars are like ours now. Looks like anywhere else.
    Cuba is the best place to see all them old american sedans, mate. I was there in 2008 and it was as though you had arrived in 1950. Sister in law was there last year and there were still loads of em chugging around Havana

Seems O/T prefix has gone by the wayside, but this topic has made me post.
    I too tune into Columbo on a Sunday, in fact it is now referred to by me as Columbo day.
    I do have the Columbo box set, available from HMV and other sources.
    The early episodes are brilliant with the latter ones not really worth watching. I don't know when it turned from good to bad but there are some great ones, one even filmed in London. Long may they repeat them.

Back in the day I remember some fat bloke called Cannon along with A Man called Ironside, it was unmissable Saturday night TV in the 70s. Raymond Burr was eventually found to be another Rock Hudson but you wouldn't have thought it at the time

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Back in the day I remember some fat bloke called Cannon along with A Man called Ironside, it was unmissable Saturday night TV in the 70s. Raymond Burr was eventually found to be another Rock Hudson but you wouldn't have thought it at the time
    My old man loved The Rockford Files with James Garner and Banacek......the guy with the white/blond hair.

It all started going wrong when they introduced women cops like Cagney & Lacey......what an absolute pile of s h I t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)