+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegals Crossing The Channel

The government are dealing with the most awful set of circumstances in 80 years.

Get a life FFS.

Getting things “right” is always going to be based on a lot of good luck during the worst financial crisis in 300 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The government are dealing with the most awful set of circumstances in 80 years.

Get a life FFS.

Getting things “right” is always going to be based on a lot of good luck during the worst financial crisis in 300 years.
    Suppose South Korea, New Zealand and Greece were just incredibly lucky they didn't have a PM who missed 5 emergency meetings about Covid at the start of the outbreak. They can also be grateful that they aren't handing out PPE contracts worth 10's of millions to questionable companies with no proper tender process, whose owners appear to have links to members of our Govt.

How lucky are they...

The media, especially the BBC, are one of the biggest problems. There they are, alongside a dingy full of illegal immigrants, mostly young men of course, asking them where they are from and then proceeding to give them the thumbs up. In other words, welcome to the UK. What don't these morons understand? They are ILLEGAL immigrants for God's sake. Do they understand the word illegal? Obviously not! If these reporters had a brain they'd be dangerous. The U.K. land wise is a very small area and we just cannot accommodate everybody who wants to come here. It's not a question of politics but pure logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its all a PR smokescreen to detract what an awful job the Govt are doing.

They would prefer that be front page news rather than their awful record on Brexit and their terrible response to the Coronavirus.

Most people will fall for it too. This thread is a prime example.

Two things I'd say though, open questions to all so feel free to answer...

I thought voting for Brexit meant we could 'control our borders'?

And, we've just put in motion an agreement to offer 3.5m Hong Kongers citizenship in the UK. Why isn't everyone up in arms about that, but they are about a few hundred people turning up on a dinghy?

We are one strange country..
    I walked into town today and took a shortcut through the graveyard. I past some pallbearers carrying a coffin. After shopping for an hour I came back through the graveyard and these same bearers were still carrying the same coffin.

Like this poster they had lost the plot.

They would prefer that be front page news rather than their awful record on Brexit and their terrible response to the Coronavirus.

And, we've just put in motion an agreement to offer 3.5m Hong Kongers citizenship in the UK. Why isn't everyone up in arms about that, but they are about a few hundred people turning up on a dinghy?

We are a strange country with liberal knobs like you in it! Smokescreen - get a f uckin life!!! When we are completely out at the end of a December our Government will then be free to change pathetic EU legislation so do gooder lawyers can’t twist the laws. These illegals should be made to claim asylum in the EU as this is the first country of entry so we should dump them all back in France!

I wish our elderly were treated like these illegals! As for you - hope the f uckers land on your doorstep!

I wonder whether Lily Allen has offered to house any of them yet...... ?

The point that I was making is equally applicable to large numbers of immigrants from wherever. This country will struggle in future years with the population at present levels, let alone with countless additional numbers. Water, in particular, will become a major issue in the not too distant future, exacerbated by climate change. It is likely that large parts of the World will become more inhospitable because of climate change, Africa especially, could see large areas become too hot and dry to support the population there. Where will those millions of people go? This is going to be a massive World crisis and there won’t be many countries willing to have their societies changed beyond recognition. Difficult decisions ahead for everyone.

Are you really suggesting that the U.K. would not have faced the same problem had a LibDem or Corbyn government got elected instead? This is all about criminal gangs taking advantage of very mild weather and the French authorities not enforcing things as they might.

We are actually returning some of these people pretty quickly as under EU law they need to be returned to where they were first fingerprinted with flights taking place to Germany and France reportedly last week.

I also hope that come Brexit the government do change the laws to stop the human rights lawyers tying these cases up for years at tax payers expense as many of these people are economic opportunists travelling through perfectly civilised countries to get here. That is not asylum seeking.

I’m not a fan of much of how this government has handled Covid but blaming Brexit at this point is just making a cheap political point imo.

As for Kong Kong, well it was a key British colony for years so they’re people have a legal entitlement. Places like Syria weren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    We are a strange country with liberal knobs like you in it! Smokescreen - get a f uckin life!!! When we are completely out at the end of a December our Government will then be free to change pathetic EU legislation so do gooder lawyers can’t twist the laws. These illegals should be made to claim asylum in the EU as this is the first country of entry so we should dump them all back in France!

I wish our elderly were treated like these illegals! As for you - hope the f uckers land on your doorstep!
    Great to hear. Any specific EU legislation you can put your finger on which we can change come December to stop these 'illegals' from coming here?

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Are you really suggesting that the U.K. would not have faced the same problem had a LibDem or Corbyn government got elected instead? This is all about criminal gangs taking advantage of very mild weather and the French authorities not enforcing things as they might.

We are actually returning some of these people pretty quickly as under EU law they need to be returned to where they were first fingerprinted with flights taking place to Germany and France reportedly last week.

I also hope that come Brexit the government do change the laws to stop the human rights lawyers tying these cases up for years at tax payers expense as many of these people are economic opportunists travelling through perfectly civilised countries to get here. That is not asylum seeking.

I’m not a fan of much of how this government has handled Covid but blaming Brexit at this point is just making a cheap political point imo.

As for Kong Kong, well it was a key British colony for years so they’re people have a legal entitlement. Places like Syria weren’t.
    I'm suggesting that leaving the EU won't help us control our borders from non-EU immigration. If anything it will probably make it easier for non-EU immigrants to come here.

And this Govt are entirely to blame for us leaving the EU.

You even said yourself, under EU law they can be returned to where they first arrived in the EU.

As for your point about HK, well in that instance I guess we could extend the same courtesy to other former British colonies such as India and Pakistan. By that logic, they must have a legal entitlement right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)