+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Illegals Crossing The Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You pompous person.
    I was right the first time Chris.

It’s a sad day when you mods start interfering with posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I was right the first time Chris.

It’s a sad day when you mods start interfering with posts.

One would agree as the previous terminology was spot on to describe a s hit for brains liberal who should go join his chums on a dinghie!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    One would agree as the previous terminology was spot on to describe a s hit for brains liberal who should go join his chums on a dinghie!
    I'm not really sure why you or Mick bother putting your political opinions on here,

If everyone really wanted to know them, they could just read a copy of the Daily Mail.

I think that you have sussed me out 123. Yes, I sit on the bog and read my copy of the Daily Mail. Then I get up and wipe my arse on the cut out squares of The Guardian!

Oh come on, this is a highly emotive subject but fellow Baggies shouldn’t be falling out over it. It is somewhat annoying when one sees the apparent inability of the government to control our borders, especially one as visible as the English Channel. These relatively small numbers are nothing, though, compared to what might happen in the future as climate change renders large parts of Africa and Asia uninhabitable. Then there could be millions on the move; where will they go? I can see a massive human tragedy heading North sometime. If European countries wait until it happens it will be too late to avoid conflict and tragedy. Although I believe that this country is full, we should remember that people generally don’t risk their lives for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Oh come on, this is a highly emotive subject but fellow Baggies shouldn’t be falling out over it. It is somewhat annoying when one sees the apparent inability of the government to control our borders, especially one as visible as the English Channel. These relatively small numbers are nothing, though, compared to what might happen in the future as climate change renders large parts of Africa and Asia uninhabitable. Then there could be millions on the move; where will they go? I can see a massive human tragedy heading North sometime. If European countries wait until it happens it will be too late to avoid conflict and tragedy. Although I believe that this country is full, we should remember that people generally don’t risk their lives for nothing.
    You may have a valid point,but why Britain and not France ????

It is a problem for the whole of Europe, not just Britain. Climate change is real; the warring factions in Africa are not going to make up and be best buddies. Migration to Europe will only increase. I don’t know what the answer is but millions of people trying to come to European countries is not sustainable and the populations of those countries will not accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It is a problem for the whole of Europe, not just Britain. Climate change is real; the warring factions in Africa are not going to make up and be best buddies. Migration to Europe will only increase. I don’t know what the answer is but millions of people trying to come to European countries is not sustainable and the populations of those countries will not accept it.
    I agree with the majority of your points by the way.

The majority of people on here think these people only come to the UK, but in fact we only take about 5% of asylum seekers who travel to Europe. France and Germany take far more than us.

And finding an answer is difficult. Our foreign policy hasn't helped in places like Libya, Syria and Iraq. And I just don't see why anyone would risk their lives to get here, so they don't have the right to work and can live on £36 per week.

Which brings me back to my other point about foreign aid, again lots on here think it should be cut. But it could actually benefit us if it helps to stabilise a country and limits the number of immigrants travelling to the UK.

Finally, the waste from our Govt on many things, but particularly dodgy PPE contracts is going to be far more than what we spend on illegal immigrants this year. That's the real frustration from me. Instead the media are focusing and denigrating on some people who are literally running for their and their families lives.

The answer isn't to just push them back, its to look at the source of the issue. They especially wouldn't risk the travelling to the UK, it if their countries were stable. Obviously helping to make their countries stable creates a whole new dilemma and discussion point, but that's the most logical answer I have for it all.

Can you just answer this one question for me 123. If they are running for their and their families lives, as you suggest, why didn't they stop running when they reached the first 'safe' country?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Can you just answer this one question for me 123. If they are running for their and their families lives, as you suggest, why didn't they stop running when they reached the first 'safe' country?
    I would say the majority do, but we don't know the figures. If they did, Greece, Italy and Turkey would struggle massively under the pressure, and they already are struggling anyway.

We do know 95% of asylum seekers to Europe claim asylum outside of the UK.

The other 5% per cent, who knows. Maybe they have family or friends here, maybe because they speak English. Whatever it is, it isn't because of the benefits. There no better off here than they are in France, Spain or Germany.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)