+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegals Crossing The Channel

Illegals Crossing The Channel

Over 4000 have arrived since January. Apart from risks of bringing in the virus, there's no such thing as a free lunch!

My view is to offer food/medical supplies then and all illegals returned to France immediately and monies for doing this deducted from funds owed to the EU to which we have left. Any asylum should be in France and NOT here!

Whilst there's honey bees will keep coming!

Please can you communicate your thoughts and solution:

Or we can divert them in their dingies to Siberia. I’ve been told it’s lovely this time of year.

I think we should put in law that any illegal will be returned to the country of their birth.

This will make many think twice about hopping from mainland Europe to the U.K.

Best to end up in a slum in France than being returned to Somalia etc.

Why on earth would you want to come to a wet and windy island in the Atlantic rather than a nice warm,sunny European destination?

Oh........our benefits and the NHS.......silly me.

,,,and watch the Baggies Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think we should put in law that any illegal will be returned to the country of their birth.

Problem is they destroy their passports and say they dont have any
    So how do u know what their country is ?

I do agree that while there is a free dinner (And more) people will arrive

I’m from a family who when they came over there was no access to welfare etc Or if there was it was not an option as they wanted to earn their money
    And if that meant doing all the jobs and hours that were not desirable (Foundries, chemical factories, night shifts) then that was fine, and made sure that what people would class as necessities (holidays, time off etc) were ignored

So I like most people from immigrant families who worked hard to get what they have are absolutely flabbergasted when we waste money on these fakers

Problem is I do want us to help the real people with issues, how do you determine that though ?
    Especially with the legal system, processes and procedures in welfare and benefits and the inability to change laws, not an easy answer
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 09-08-2020 at 08:01 PM.

The bleeding heart "journalists" that seem to offer support to this lot,conveniently forget that they have almost certainly travelled though several safe,civilised democracies on their journey...so why not stop in one of those countries ? (Rhetorical question BTW )

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post

I’m from a family who when they came over there was no access to welfare etc Or if there was it was not an option as they wanted to earn their money
    And if that meant doing all the jobs and hours that were not desirable (Foundries, chemical factories, night shifts) then that was fine, and made sure that what people would class as necessities (holidays, time off etc) were ignored

So I like most people from immigrant families who worked hard to get what they have are absolutely flabbergasted when we waste money on these fakers

Problem is I do want us to help the real people with issues, how do you determine that though ?
    Especially with the legal system, processes and procedures in welfare and benefits and the inability to change laws, not an easy answer
    A genuine asylum seeker would retain the passport, and would be more easily processed. Those without passports provide lengthy cases and appeals for the legal profession. So us taxpayers fund the legal profession, NHS, Welfare, Housing etc for them as long they are here. We're being taken for mugs by our own government, and it will continue until we demand answers at face to face meetings with our MP'S.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post

I understand the passport issue BS and agree with all your comments.

I worked in the frozen food industry from 84-91 and 95% of my customers were first and second generation Asians who worked incredibly hard.

Their aim was to put their kids through university so they could become doctors and solicitors which many did.

The work ethic was tremendous.

When I started my own business in the sports trade I got tremendous help from an Asian family who had a wholesale sports business called Sportrite on Tame Rd in Witton.

Senior Nathwani was a wonderful and wise mentor to me and his brothers Dilip and Proff were great guys.

They let me have my first ever container from China delivered and stored at their warehouse at absolutely no cost to me and at considerable inconvenience to them........wonderful people.

I would DNA test immigrants and send them back to historical country of origin if they don’t carry a passport.

Seeing as that may be an even worse outcome for them it may encourage more to carry legitimate papers.

I have sympathy for people who wish to flee war zones and places where a decent lifestyle is impossible. However, it should be managed in accordance with the long term interests of the British people. Unlimited immigration is not sustainable in the long term; we are the most densely populated country in Europe, apart from Monaco, I believe. With the threat of worsening effects of climate change, this country could well find itself suffering water shortages in not too many years time. The World faces some very tough decisions regarding immigration in the very near future, some of which may be quite unpalatable to many but the long term viability of our society must be the priority.

Its all a PR smokescreen to detract what an awful job the Govt are doing.

They would prefer that be front page news rather than their awful record on Brexit and their terrible response to the Coronavirus.

Most people will fall for it too. This thread is a prime example.

Two things I'd say though, open questions to all so feel free to answer...

I thought voting for Brexit meant we could 'control our borders'?

And, we've just put in motion an agreement to offer 3.5m Hong Kongers citizenship in the UK. Why isn't everyone up in arms about that, but they are about a few hundred people turning up on a dinghy?

We are one strange country..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)