+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood off to Lazio?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am surprised though army88 that any mid table EPL team with Wonga to burn (like Everton) would be reluctant to spend £25 million to buy a player who will guarantee you at least 15 goals a season. For example, if Watford had, had that in their locker they would still be in the EPL.
    Watford thought they were putting that in their locker BT when they bought our Andre. Some posters on here, including myself I have to admit, said they were wasting their money, and so it proved. Others thought he was the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Watford thought they were putting that in their locker BT when they bought our Andre. Some posters on here, including myself I have to admit, said they were wasting their money, and so it proved. Others thought he was the bees knees.
    We really ought to be ashamed of ourselves sinkov, but somehow I don't think our Mike does "ashamed"...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We really ought to be ashamed of ourselves sinkov, but somehow I don't think our Mike does "ashamed"...
    Let me get this right BT. We should be ashamed of ourself for BUYING players who do not work out, however, we should also be ashamed for SELLING players that other clubs want if they don't work out for them!
    You must be a dream in a business if you will accept the blame for buying and selling, I would love to be your managed when you are willing to accept ALL the responsibility! Good man!

I don't think there will be that much transfer activity this year. Let’s face it; it’s likely there will be NO fans in these grounds when the season starts so no ground/season ticket revenue for anyone in Football period thanks to Wuhan Virus. Look at minimum wage on the agenda in the lower leagues it might be "illegal" say PFA but the reality is there is NO money for these players now- welcome to the new normal. As for us, why would Mee as club captain want to stay at a club where he knows the key player in the club and therefore even the manager is looking to ship out in that eventuality. Players talk among themselves like everyone else at a place of work. Unless the money for the club and player is fantastic, I doubt there will be much activity outside the top 6 given financial uncertainty. New normal means FALLING income which for many means more conservative wage levels and less dosh to splash for those clubs with no billionaire owners.

Norwich prepared to use their parachute money to start a bidding war with Boro for Gibson. Surely we're not going to get away with murder and almost break even on the transfer dealings ? We can write the wages off though, we'll never get them back.

If Wood goes to Lazio, i’ll Walk naked through our local Marks and Spencer Food Hall.!!

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    If Wood goes to Lazio, i’ll Walk naked through our local Marks and Spencer Food Hall.!!
    What? Without a mask? Tut tut.

Please could you give me the address of your local M&S so I can avoid it if I happen to be in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    If he goes to Lazio Mal, I'll set up a counter-attraction, I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    I don't think there will be that much transfer activity this year. Let’s face it; it’s likely there will be NO fans in these grounds when the season starts so no ground/season ticket revenue for anyone in Football period thanks to Wuhan Virus. Look at minimum wage on the agenda in the lower leagues it might be "illegal" say PFA but the reality is there is NO money for these players now- welcome to the new normal. As for us, why would Mee as club captain want to stay at a club where he knows the key player in the club and therefore even the manager is looking to ship out in that eventuality. Players talk among themselves like everyone else at a place of work. Unless the money for the club and player is fantastic, I doubt there will be much activity outside the top 6 given financial uncertainty. New normal means FALLING income which for many means more conservative wage levels and less dosh to splash for those clubs with no billionaire owners.
    I kind of get that Deadly but what makes you think it will be any different anywhere outside the top 4 clubs so Mee and and our better players shall we say unless it’s top 4 - it’s out of the frying pan into the fire. ( maybe worse ).

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Let me get this right BT. We should be ashamed of ourself for BUYING players who do not work out, however, we should also be ashamed for SELLING players that other clubs want if they don't work out for them!
    You must be a dream in a business if you will accept the blame for buying and selling, I would love to be your managed when you are willing to accept ALL the responsibility! Good man!
    I was attempting a bit of satirical tongue-in cheek Supersub6. Obviously, I failed badly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)