+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition

Petition

Can someone clarify something for me please. The petition has passed 100 K and that is amazing, I signed myself the first day. This means the subject will be raised in the house of parliament is that correct? And second Parliament will not be sitting for a couple more weeks at least, and don't petitions run for a few months at least before they would need to be raised? The way I read this we would be well into the season before the issue was even raised. Too little too late, or am I wrong about the timeline?

Fair point but I've always seen the petition's first move to raise the profile of our unhappiness - which it has done magnificantly.

I don't think it going to Parliament will actually solve anything as they can't/won't order the Prem to allow it.

So, it could well be all sorted by the time it does actually make it into the HoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Fair point but I've always seen the petition's first move to raise the profile of our unhappiness - which it has done magnificantly.

I don't think it going to Parliament will actually solve anything as they can't/won't order the Prem to allow it.

So, it could well be all sorted by the time it does actually make it into the HoC.
    imo, the petition is the catalyst for the prem to either accept or reject, their utter contempt for our club and the region over the last 18 weeks will be their own downfall.

The huge amount of publicity this takeover has received is unprecedented, the pressure from their own sponsrs is what will make them do something.

How does it look if your a major sponsor of the prem and everyday your brand is being dragged through the dirt because of association to a corrupt organisation. The prime minister and mp's taking up the issue, people in the media and tv personalities also chipping in.

Yep, once they start getting heat from Barclays, EA Sports, Carling, Cadburys, Nike, Budweiser, Coca Cola
    they will shlt themselves and these ****ers always follow the money, Man Utd and Liverpool can complain all they like.
    They will protect their cash flow before anything else

Thanks for that. I guess your right, the motivation for the petition isn't to go to HofC. Just hope things are sorted as soon as possible with new season only weeks away. Cheers

Sadly, the petition doesn't have to be raised in Parliament at all. That would only be the case if it had been raised on the Gov.co.uk site. Because it was on Change.org, the Government have absolutely no obligation to look at it at all.

Sorry for my first post-holiday post to be a pissing-on-everyone's chips one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Sadly, the petition doesn't have to be raised in Parliament at all. That would only be the case if it had been raised on the Gov.co.uk site. Because it was on Change.org, the Government have absolutely no obligation to look at it at all.

I was under the impression it has to be looked at and decided on whether it is to be discussed in parliament.

i would suggest that with so many mp's having been roped in to write to the premier league to, that there is a good chance it will be ? unless it is all resolved by then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Well bugger off again Zip

True they don't but I suspect it will - look how many MP's from all parties are now involved and the huge media focus, they'll want to just so they can get some distraxting free hits in.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)