+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Struber's Period of Reflection

Struber's Period of Reflection

It is now over two weeks since Struber went back to Austria and entered into what Dane called "a period of reflection"--other people would just call it a break or a holiday.

There are suggestions that Watford have been willing to wait until this week in order to interview Struber via Zoom/Skype or whatever. Not sure how much truth there is in these rumours but the time Watford have taken to appoint a new Head Coach is unusual. There is no loyalty in football nardays and the £1 mill compo they would have to pay would be a small part of their £42 mill parachute money plus £100+ million place money reward for being relegated.

Just a bit of Monday morning sh1t stirring ? Or is it ?

Struber is emotional towards his young players and clearly has a great deal of love for them .

That's a very different thing than having those kind of feelings towards the actual club itself , I haven't read the same sentiments from Struber regarding the clubs model or it's ownership .

He may be reflecting on the fact that players come and go in search of higher wages from bigger clubs and the historic Oakwell revolving door policy .

His love for his players isn't much to consider given they may not be around for too much longer and he misses out on his own opportunity to gain a good contract and the security of compensation received should he get the inevitable dismissal at Watford .

Money talks loudest , emotional interviews on Sky Sports caught in the moment at Brentford don't stack up to much in reality these days .

I've had a period of reflection - I now need the Head Coach & some players to distance themselves from rumours & commit to establishing BFC in the Championship.

Struber sits on his sun lounger in his garden at ooam in Austria, drink in hand, looking up at the Alpine peaks where he used to ski half the year, his children playing happily around him pleased that Daddy is back. He gives his daily thanks to the last Wigan owner.

His wife calls from the window, "Gerhard, a club called Watford are on the phone. They want to speak to you."

"Tell 'em am sooarted luv. Carnt wait to get back to Tarn fo pre-season and meet up with my boys."
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-08-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Struber sits on his sun lounger in his garden at ooam in Austria, drink in hand, looking up at the Alpine peaks where he used to ski half the year, his children playing happily around him pleased that Daddy is back. He gives his daily thanks to the last Wigan owner.

His wife calls from the window, "Gerhard, a club called Watford are on the phone. They want to speak to
    "Tell 'em am sooarted luv. Carnt wait to get back to Tarn fo pre-season and meet up with my boys."
    He’s done well to learn how to speak proper English like what we do.I wonder who his teacher was.

When does pre-season training start?

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    When does pre-season training start?
    A few clubs such as Rotherham ev already started. Season starts in four weeks. Fixtures art back ennda next week.

Summa aar lads might evvto quarantine two weeks when they come back from their ooam countries or holidays. Paul will sue the guys in the Govt if they try to impose any restrictions.

Despite frantic efforts to secure the services of Gerhard Struber Watford have reluctantly given up the chase and have gone for second choice Ivic report the Watford Observer today. This will be confirmed soon.

Struber has said the prospect of taking Barnsley to fight for a Play Off spot this coming season was mouth watering. He has been given assurances from owner Paul Conway that a squad will be built this summer which will be the most successful in Barnsley FC history.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-08-2020 at 09:52 AM.