+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 Hibees

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You are right, we could have played all night and not scored.
    I agree, but there's obvious reasons for it.

Wolves took a big step up in opposition last night playing in the UEFA cup quarter finals, they also could have played all night and not scored.

Without Shankland - and most would argue WITH Shankland - we dont have enough firepower. We also don't know how to remain patient in the final third and play the right ball but I'm pretty confident this manager will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't remember any shots on goal if I'm being honest, I'm just going by the stats.

I also don't see any unbelievably harsh comments?

I've already said we were well drilled and organised but we offered absolutely nothing going forward. That's a fair assessment of our performance imo. The negativity surrounding Neilson would have inevitably led to him getting grief for last night
    Second half alone I recall a deflected Clark or Pawlett shot, Pawletts wide miss when it was played over the top of the defence, and Chalmer’s shot deflected for a corner. Ok, none on target, but all attempts.
    Clark’s free kick (well over) first half too, probably others I suspect.

Some talking like we had never took shots to score.

The big thing for me, is we now have a manager that knows what he’s doing, trying different players and tactics, not frightened to change mid-game to win or counteract what’s happening (and early in the game, not in desperation with just 10mins to go! (although RN, still never threw in the kitchen sink no matter what was happening!!)
    I think he will soon know exactly what’s needed to strengthen the team, and where, to achieve his goals for the season, and so fecking refreshing to see, and if it means defeats during that learning process, so be it. Nobody can say the whole team didn’t give their all last night, and you saw the disappointment in many of their faces at full time, now that’s progress!
    (no RN fist pumps for a narrow defeat!!)
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 12-08-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Why? I think we were pretty solid last night but you can't deny we never looked like scoring.
    Neither did Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by edinarab View Post
    Neither did Hibs
    Erm?? 🤔

Neither did Hibs
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Erm?? 🤔
    One half chance which they took but otherwise they created very little

Which was also offside.

I agree actually, it was a really tight match and both sides nullified each other to a great extent. But, we really never looked likely to score last night.

I agree actually, it was a really tight match and both sides nullified each other to a great extent. But, we really never looked likely to score last night.
    I wonder why? 🤔

Correct, which needs to be seen as a real positive, and tbh there's not too many strikers who would gave scored with that.
    It's going to be a long season, sometimes difficult and we have to be patient with the new manager and the players. I think we'll get better as the season progesses. We need additions and time for mm's coaching to bear fruit. Keep the faith brother Arabs!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)