+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3 Hibees

Just not enough goals in that team. Need someone with presence up top to make the ball stick and help Shankland out when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Don’t think we’ve played too bad to be honest, and deserve to take something from the game IMO.
    Not for me. Poor, poor game and 0—1 just about right.

We ground out a win on Saturday but couldn't tonight.

Injuries racking up now as well.

Still trying to remain positive though but another physical battle ahead on Saturday. Hopefully Shankland will be fit.

Don't think anyone would've complained at a draw. Not sure Hibs deserved that win anymore than we did, other than a wee spell at the start of the 2nd half. One shot on goal though is very very poor, especially against a side who were miles from their best. We created absolutely nothing and even then, we had no one up front who looked capable of creating anything for themselves. Hopefully MM can dip into the market for some attacking options.

Felt we lacked a bit of quality in the final third. Some poor passing/delivery with final ball. Good workrate though and reasonably tight at the back. Slightly unlucky with the goal, coming up when Edwards struggling with hamstring.
    But showed we could compete with them and still plenty positives moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's amazing. We've been terrible tonight and Hibs weren't much better to be fair.
    TTT, I wouldn’t say we were terrible, yeah we were not as effective in the final third as we would all like, but had a fair bit of possession, but importantly we defended reasonably well, and fought for every ball and each other, and restricted them throughout most of the game. Their goal was offside (but only a replay showed that (VAR would’ve disallowed it). Look at the number of youngsters that played in the game tonight, and over the 90mins we more than held our own, against one of the better teams in the SPL, so for me, positives to take. I’ve got 100% faith in Micky to both identify and rectify the weaknesses in our team before the window shuts, and a bit more confident that we can achieve our goal this year, and stay up and build for the future. Arabest.

No problem with that defeat and our manager will have learned a lot from it.
    We're a long way behind Hibs yet we competed well all over the pitch.
    They had one clear chance and took it, whereas we struggled to create again in the final third.

Benji 7 can't fault the performance, no chance with the goal
    Bolton 8, did very well once again, our main threat in terms of creating something. Surprised to see him subbed but obviously not 100% match fit yet.
    Connolly 8, my MOM, dealt well with everything
    Edwards 7, started ok, wonder if he was match fit, done his hamstring on debut
    Reynolds 8 never saw him much but then you never saw much of Doidge and Nisbet either.
    Robson no score, injured early
    Sporle, replacement, 7
    Harkes 7, in and out
    Butcher 6, not a great performance
    Pawlett, 8 worked tirelessly and much better central
    Clark 7, strong first half but faded
    Appere 6, worked hard but the game mostly passed him by up against tough experienced defenders.

We looked naive and lacking patience and quality in the final third. We lost, but encouraging signs for MM, we look better drilled all over the pitch.

Never deserved to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    No problem with that defeat and our manager will have learned a lot from it.
    We're a long way behind Hibs yet we competed well all over the pitch.
    They had one clear chance and took it, whereas we struggled to create again in the final third.

Benji 7 can't fault the performance, no chance with the goal
    Bolton 8, did very well once again, our main threat in terms of creating something. Surprised to see him subbed but obviously not 100% match fit yet.
    Connolly 8, my MOM, dealt well with everything
    Edwards 7, started ok, wonder if he was match fit, done his hamstring on debut
    Reynolds 8 never saw him much but then you never saw much of Doidge and Nisbet either.
    Robson no score, injured early
    Sporle, replacement, 7
    Harkes 7, in and out
    Butcher 6, not a great performance
    Pawlett, 8 worked tirelessly and much better central
    Clark 7, strong first half but faded
    Appere 6, worked hard but the game mostly passed him by up against tough experienced defenders.

We looked naive and lacking patience and quality in the final third. We lost, but encouraging signs for MM, we look better drilled all over the pitch.
    Pawlett was p1sh as usual—maybe ran about lots but that’s not his job.

Think we’ve all got to be realistic this season, and any points against anyone in the top six last season, is a bonus, and really should be looking to take as many points as possible against those that were in the bottom six. There seems to be a real togetherness with the team, and as I’ve already said, much better work rate. Both will help massively. I also like how Micky is not frightened to make early changes to try and influence the game. If I’m honest I was hoping we’d have 4 points (at least) by now, but thought we’d beat St. J, take a point at Well, but didn’t expect anything from Hibs (based on games last year, but also their start to this season). I know we are far from the finished article, but Micky didn’t exactly get the same preparation that other teams did, particularly recruitment, but he’s certainly evaluating many players, to establish his best group, that’s for sure, and he will make more signings in the right areas I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Pawlett was p1sh as usual—maybe ran about lots but that’s not his job.
    All about opinions Japan, I thought he looked better than last season.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)