+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 3 Hibees

Game 3 Hibees

So, after a great start we have Hibs at home on Tuesday night. This is a 6pm KO live on Sky so don't get caught out.

Ross has the Hibs flying and this will be a very tough ask. They have some really excellent players all over the pitch, dangerous wide players like Horgan and Boyle, and in-form strikers like Nisbet and Doidge. I'd take a point now because it's hard to see anything other than an away win.

But as I think (?) Brian Cough said football isn't played on paper and it's 11v11 on grass.

We will need to defend like lions and convert any chances we get. My hunch is the absence of a big crowd might be in our favour. Hard to know what MM will choose as the starting 11.

C'mon United

This is our biggest test so far. A real top 4 contender. They've recruited well in the summer with Wright, Nisbet and more importantly Gogic from Hamilton. Their Attack is their strength. Boyle and Horgan provide the pace, Doidge proves the strength, Allan gives them that creative spark. Thats before we get to Nisbet who has a shankland like quality of always being in the right place at the right time. Defensively Gogic has made a big difference by adding some much needed steal to their midfield but their actual defence isnt great imo. Hanlon is steady enough but capable of a mistake, same with Porteous who still has a rawness to his game. can easily get drawn into silly fouls. I would hope we could get at their defence who has mistakes in them (theyll be saying the same about us)

if we can keep their attack quiet im confident of scoring against them. the goals they have scored so far this season have mostly be down to comical defending (killie gk thinking hes neuer, and livi just not defending at all)

It will be tough but if we are set up well enough and can get a few breaks then confident we can get the win. interested to see what the lineup/formation we will go with. does shankland come back in?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    This is our biggest test so far. A real top 4 contender. They've recruited well in the summer with Wright, Nisbet and more importantly Gogic from Hamilton. Their Attack is their strength. Boyle and Horgan provide the pace, Doidge proves the strength, Allan gives them that creative spark. Thats before we get to Nisbet who has a shankland like quality of always being in the right place at the right time. Defensively Gogic has made a big difference by adding some much needed steal to their midfield but their actual defence isnt great imo. Hanlon is steady enough but capable of a mistake, same with Porteous who still has a rawness to his game. can easily get drawn into silly fouls. I would hope we could get at their defence who has mistakes in them (theyll be saying the same about us)

if we can keep their attack quiet im confident of scoring against them. the goals they have scored so far this season have mostly be down to comical defending (killie gk thinking hes neuer, and livi just not defending at all)

It will be tough but if we are set up well enough and can get a few breaks then confident we can get the win. interested to see what the lineup/formation we will go with. does shankland come back in?
    I'm going to have to rely on you for opposition info for the rest of the season Daz as I'm lucky if I can name a couple of dozen players in this league....... honestly didn't know any Motherwell players on Saturday there.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So, after a great start we have Hibs at home on Tuesday night. This is a 6pm KO live on Sky so don't get caught out.
    Do season ticket holders get this game with their virtual season ticket? Hope so!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Do season ticket holders get this game with their virtual season ticket? Hope so!!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    League game with no fans because of covid-19, yes.

Sooner or later Lawrence Shankland is going to score again so if fit I'm expecting MM will start him Tuesday. Not having a recognised number 9 probably helped us on Saturday but we need goals and LS can get them. But we do need to get better service into him.

Liam Smith looks like missing out after the late knock he took on Saturday.

I didn't think we did as it's live on Sky tv?

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    I didn't think we did as it's live on Sky tv?
    That's what I thought too

I'm guessing, normally it would be no, but due to Covid TV arrangements with Sky it's a yes?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)