+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to the Fermi Paradox

If you accept that you cannot create something from nothing, then this existence has had no beginning, and will not have an end. We are here. Is it possible for all the stuff here, people, the Universe etc, to be here, but it has no meaning or purpose?

My god.

An irrefutable evidence of spirit is that you have feelings, do you not feel pity, empathy, shame, anger, hatred, sorrow, and love.? To close yourself off to a further investigation into the possibilities of being alive is intellectually bankrupt.

To stop here is madness. You have no further proof that your view has more proof or logic than mine has, what does make a difference is that you have stopped looking.

I havent. The undisputed scientific proof of spirituality, and there is more to being a zombie on planet earth, are near death experiences. They are all the same regardless of culture.

I look forward to your reply on that one. You and your life will be judged. The Universe is not static. I wonder what there is beyond the spirit, that must exist in an environment, like a goldfish in a bowl. Then again, im using a human brain, god or whatever created us would look at that human brain and laugh.

p.s, i read recently about a near death experience, and the people he met there regarded life on earth as a joke, not a contemptuous joke, but a belly laugh ha ha, like a Tommy Cooper joke.

The possibilities are endless.

There are different nothings just as in mathematics there are different zeroes, decimal, binary octal and hexadecimal etc.
    Those zeros are most assuredly different. The question of a universe from nothing has been dealt with in science by numerous physicists.

In referring to feelings you are taking the attitude that it is impossible to be anywhere on the positive end of the moral scale without the existence of religion and a soul. Once you have purportedly claimed the existence of a soul you can indulge in all kinds of fantasy, no longer feeling constrained by common sense and science.

This is nonsense. Religious people often ask non-believers where they get their morals from without God. The answer is that these moral qualities occur gradually through the science of evolution and individual choice. It is of course possible to be highly moral without there being a God.

There is of course no God and no soul. Furthermore you simply do not address the nonsense in the Bible, which the most eminent religious experts state was all written within the last 10,000 years. "In The Beginning" plus the supposed existence existence of Adam and Eve as the first human beings was no more than 10,000 years ago. Yet there is scientific proof that human beings in our current form have existed for more than 200,000 years. There are no dinosaur bones from within the last 10,000 years, they are all from 65 million years ago.

Throughout the ages religion has been the cause of millions of deaths because of people being driven by their particular variety of it fighting others whose religion is of a different variety. Nowadays it is impossible to criticise the Muslim religion because politically correct buffoons try to cut off such criticism by falsely claiming that this is racism. But let's just mention one fact about the Quran. It states that the penalty for apostasy is death, which some fanatics do implement. To be fair there is some entertainment in the Quran. It states that The Prophet rode a white horse up to heaven.

I am a catholic, if catholic people followed the Bible, there will be no wars, but there is. A moral guideline is needed in an amoral world, because without religion, this world would be worse than it is. An amoral world is not the fault of the bible. Even today the Bible is poorly understood.

When jesus was fasting in the desert, the devil tempted him by offering the world to him if Jesus bent his knee to the devil. It was the devils to give. How else can you explain this schitt hole. Being good is punished, evil is rewarded. With your view, there is no good, and no evil.

When there is. You cannot accept that there is a heirarchy of existence. Thinking that there is no god and no soul, which is fair enough, nothing i can say will change that.

I am an introvert, and my type is particularly good at absorbing information and knitting it together, its called introverted intuition, and what it says is that god , or a higher intelligence or whatever exists. He, or it is the boss, i bend my knee to him, no, both knees. The alternative, your existence, or an evil one is not going to happen.

I can hear you laughing from here. The earth has developed from single cells to humans, and everything in between. How does that not fit in to my view? To reach the right hand of god, what happens then?

In the tapestry of eternity. To exist for eternity is the same as not existing at all. Can you get that? To not exist is a final rest, no more need or striving, eternal life like this one, on Earth, must be a realm of hell. The good bit is that we all go home in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)