+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to the Fermi Paradox

Answers to the Fermi Paradox

The famous Fermi Paradox is neither a paradox nor is / was it Fermi's.
    It is merely a question. Fermi was not the first to ask it. It had been asked for a hundred years before he famously asked it.

There are numerous possible answers to it but a new one has recently been created, the Aestivation Hypothesis.
    https://www.universetoday.com/147161...on-hypothesis/

Psaw, what do you reckon?

You have to ask the same about the Cambridge board, now that Frank has outed himself as a Wisbech supporter.

Where is everybody?

As a keen follower of astronomy, i can inform you of a division of probability into the Fermi paradox, which makes it impossible to calculate.

Research has shown that the diversity of worlds is total, that worlds upon worlds are constantly different. The chances of two worlds being the same are extremely low, almost non existent, such is the hostlity of the Universe.

A new hypothesis, and one i would like to think is the case, is that the Earth has been specially created, for the likes of you and me, and id like to think that the creator is a benevolent god.

So what might be the business of this God,?, is it to turn bad people into good ones?, Good luck with that one. In the grand scale of Universal wars between good and evil, i wonder if the Earth is on the front line. If it is, goodness, caring, empathy, etc is losing.

It took the torture and crucifiction of the son of god last time.

Anyway, getting onto more serious matters, the first pre season Wisbech Town has been played, its Wisbech 1 Pinchbeck 0. We can all sleep soundly tonight.

Roly of Southwold.

There is no God.

The universe is neither hostile to life nor is it benevolent to life. The universe just is.

The universe is so awesomely big that there could either be no intelligent life out there or there could be millions of independent occurrences of civilisations and despite the most advanced technology it could be impossible for any of them to detect the nearest neighbouring civilisation, the distance being too great.

Given advances in technology it could be possible for us to find a planet that has an environment almost suitable for us to live in and indeed advanced technology could enable us to change that environment (gasses etc) to make it fit us perfectly. This concept will be feasible, it is just a matter of the space travel technology reaching a sufficient level and also the climate altering technology doing so. Currently this is a dream but it is a certainty that such advances will take place.

There are at least 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in the known part of the universe. Of course we do not know how many planets there are in the unknown part of the universe.

The chances are that there will be thousands of planets similar to Earth within reach of an advanced technology space ship of ours. It is only a matter of time before we spread out into the cosmos.

Mr C, you are a god to an ant. I wouldnt want to live in your Universe chuck, your universe just cant exist. If something exists, it cant stop existing, and because we exist we have always existed, and always will.

Its what we do with existence. The real challenge is to fill unlimited existence with worthwhile endeavor. We are powerful beings, what we believe becomes reality. Just look at that crackpot Hitler, he nearly fashioned the world into his image.

The cycle of eternity suggests that somewhere Cambridge United have won the European cup 67 years on the trot, or that you invented the telephone 753 times, in 753 different Universes.

The proof of this is 6eqs number of planets, which you can multiply 298 times that number of Universes.

Plus one.

Its the only Universe where Carlisle will win div4, or more likely, win a game.

One of the biggest shocks of life is to realise where you are, and that anything can happen, anytime. I can just imagine a bloke flying through the air in Beirut, thinking, wot wuz that? Be careful what you believe, it will come true, then make it work for you.

Your Welcome.

We will not always exist because, according to the scientists on Science 360 our universe will cease to exist. It will be a long while yet though. Possibly there are other universes, so if we can get to another universe we will exist for a bit longer, otherwise we are f­ucked.

Before that our Sun will expire in 5 billion years, making life impossible on Earth but by then we will have either left or ceased to exist by any one of various means.

What is wrong with C_U_N_T's description of our universe? Merely stating that you would not want to live in it does not constitute a challenge.

All i am suggesting is that Mr C is creating a Universe through his beliefs, one that he will live in. It cant exist because it will have a soul, but he will think it doesnt. You have created the life you are living. Dont worry about not existing, i dont know how old you are, but your days are limited as a human. Having said that, who knows where you will be reborn, as someone said, its no more remarkable to be born twice as once.

The physical universe will burn away, its only a stage in which we all perform, and fashion who we are. Something cant be made from nothing, though Hawking would make you believe it can. This universe came from something.

Many many years ago i read an ancient book on dying, it was printed in 1931 compiling stuff from hundreds of years ago. It had all the near death stuff plus mathematical tables about life in the spirit, remarkable in itself.

Nothing is certain, even someone saying that there is no death. This book stated that a spiritual death is possible though very rare. The way it happens is that a soul cannot be dissuaded from ill doing, and continues on a path of ever increasing evil. There is a final death, that if you compare it to a human death, the human death is insignificant in regards to the trauma of a soul death.

It takes place in many lifetimes or over a long period of time, and the soul can feel the horror of what is happening. I wonder if those super novas are something to do with it. Who knows what the truth of anything is.

You do exist and feel. That is not a fluke.

Psaw, I am not creating a universe. I am merely describing the universe as it actually exists, not creating one with my beliefs. You state that this cannot exist because it will have a soul, which is a bizarre addition by you. There is no such thing as a soul. A soul is a mythical thing spoken of by religious believers. Yet you add a soul to my description of the universe and having done that you then say that a soul makes a universe as described by me impossible. That is a very odd way to debate the issue.

As for being reborn that is not science, that is fantasy. I do not definitively state that it is impossible to be reborn. I merely state that it is as likely as Cambridge United and Carlisle United being joint champions of League Two this season, having identical records.

Referring to an ancient book to bolster an argument is poor. We can all decide that we like to have a specific belief and then find a book in which such a belief is given false credibility. There are books that bolster the flat Earth belief.

Show me direct irrefutable evidence of a spirit, soul or that there is any sense in religion. The world's most eminent experts on religion state that the Bible's "In The Beginning" was no more than 10,000 years ago. So, there have been dinosaurs living on Earth in the last 10,000 years? You will find that the dinosaurs were wiped out by the effects of an asteroid hitting the Earth 65 million years ago. Also science shows that human beings in our current form have existed for more than 200,000 years. Furthermore, anyone basing his / her morality on the contents of the Bible would be really messed up because it is littered with dreadful examples of implied behaviour recommendations.

The long winter evenings must simply fly by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)