+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: News incoming

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I think it's a good signing for Eastleigh F.C.

I also think that if Notts are determined to get promotion next season we need better than Bird. We need DCs like Lacey, delighted.
    I think that is very fair.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Cardiff will look at the Wembley game and think Bagan is nowhere near ready and needs long-term loans to blood him.

Our question is can Bagan play to promotion level over a 46 game NL season? If there's doubt about that we should go in a different direction. And it's no good to Cardiff if he's just a squad player
    Cardiff or any club for that matter would not look at one game in isolation. If they did I am sure there are players in there current first team that would be bombed out too.
    All footballers have bad games. Whether that’s the over weight pissed up Sunday footballer or Messi.
    If Cardiff rate him they will give him a pre season in and around the first team squad before deciding what’s best for him.

As for being able to play to promotion level for 46 games. No player at Notts is capable of that. I include Roberts. Individually and collectively players will have bad games and will lose or draw games that they shouldn’t be. The key to promotion is having less of those games and when they do, how they respond in the next game. With younger players in particular you can get inconsistent performances, it doesn’t make them bad players.

Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Cardiff or any club for that matter would not look at one game in isolation. If they did I am sure there are players in there current first team that would be bombed out too.
    All footballers have bad games. Whether that’s the over weight pissed up Sunday footballer or Messi.
    If Cardiff rate him they will give him a pre season in and around the first team squad before deciding what’s best for him.

As for being able to play to promotion level for 46 games. No player at Notts is capable of that. I include Roberts. Individually and collectively players will have bad games and will lose or draw games that they shouldn’t be. The key to promotion is having less of those games and when they do, how they respond in the next game. With younger players in particular you can get inconsistent performances, it doesn’t make them bad players.

Just my opinion of course.
    Good post.

With regards to another centre half maybe that Sam Graham fellah we had from Sheffield Utd would be available for a season long loan after his injury. He did look good before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    As for being able to play to promotion level for 46 games. No player at Notts is capable of that.
    Obviously, I meant averaged out across the season.
    But that still sets a very high bar and I think the club have to be more hard-headed with recruitment.
    We have to be a dominant team to secure 1 of the 2 promotion places. No time for gambles, showing great potential for half the games won't cut it.
    Bakayoko's gone and McCrory is a good back up. An inconsistent younger player having a bad Dec/Jan say, could be the difference between Champions and the playoffs. My feeling is that we'll have a new first choice left back and Bagan will be learning his trade somewhere else.

Tom Walker gone to Harrogate.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Tom Walker gone to Harrogate.
    He signed a few days ago. Ardley is a fan of his tho and wanted to bring him here.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He signed a few days ago. Ardley is a fan of his tho and wanted to bring him here.

I assume it's league status that won the day for Harrogate.

Great to keep Lacey. Be intrigued to see which of the two Ardley would start next to him right now; you'd have to think Rawlinson.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Great to keep Lacey. Be intrigued to see which of the two Ardley would start next to him right now; you'd have to think Rawlinson.
    Why? It is clear which Ardley prefers. That won’t change after 1 dog **** performance.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I wish he'd thought that on Sunday 02/08/2020.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast