+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sevilla Match Day Thread

It appears that the referee from last night, has now admitted that the penalty kick should have been retaken and VAR got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    It appears that the referee from last night, has now admitted that the penalty kick should have been retaken and VAR got it wrong.
    Frustrating, but in the end I think irrelevant. We were second best from the kick off, they had better technical players all over the park. An early goal, the penalty, would have just pushed us further into a defensive stance and they would have got us in the end.

Did we have a shot on goal, or even a shot towards goal?

Decent season all told and when done you Wanderers, but I think we still have a way to go before we take that next step up.

The player who gave away the penalty was encroaching, didn't we have a penalty against us retaken for encroachment during the season after a VAR check?

On a lighter note when words fail you... https://twitter.com/i/status/1293526715256446976

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Frustrating, but in the end I think irrelevant. We were second best from the kick off, they had better technical players all over the park. An early goal, the penalty, would have just pushed us further into a defensive stance and they would have got us in the end.

Did we have a shot on goal, or even a shot towards goal?

Decent season all told and when done you Wanderers, but I think we still have a way to go before we take that next step up.
    Yup, the important thing at this stage in my opinion is to keep Nuno and keep him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Yup, the important thing at this stage in my opinion is to keep Nuno and keep him happy.
    Of course. The consequences of losing him would be grim to say the least. I don't think he is the greatest tactician [had to have three attempts to spell that bloody word!], but his ability to create a motivated, effective , tightly nit team out of the current group of players is beyond impressive.

It's a great pity that we couldn't have played Sevilla around Christmas time when we were in a rich vein of form. Are they a better team than Man City or Liverpool? I don't think so.

The team has been running on empty for weeks now and need a break. They have performed miracles over the last three seasons, and next season, in a few weeks time, we won't have the European distractions. If we can keep the squad and make a few additions, we could kick on and make a real play for the top four.

The team, Fosun, and Nuno have given Wolves some pride back and the City is better for it. We can look back and say "What if" and name several incidents and decisions that have gone against us, last nights incident with the penalty is just another to add to the list.

Well done lads , lets hope you can enjoy the break and recharge your batteries.

Of course. The consequences of losing him would be grim to say the least. I don't think he is the greatest tactician [had to have three attempts to spell that bloody word!], but his ability to create a motivated, effective , tightly nit team out of the current group of players is beyond impressive.
    Embarrassing! Nit of course should be "Knit", wasn't trying to imply that the squad had any hygiene problems!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293446585381195778

Confirmation, we were done again by VAR.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293446585381195778

Confirmation, we were done again by VAR.
    Put it down George!! Drop it, drop it. Good boy!!

Name:  3112868_orig.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.6 KB

Put it down George!! Drop it, drop it. Good boy!!

Name:  3112868_orig.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  48.6 KB
    Are you knit picking Woody?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)