+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    All posties are cults

Oh sorry you mean the SNP
    Posties still have my tickets for the Big Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hi Islay we have a few regular letter writers in the Courier. Why not write some of your anti independence sentiments to help the circulation? Some comments to helpJohn Swinney might be most welcome and if you used a nom de plume of say I.S. Lay we could see how long it took for you to get banned from there too!
    I have already met John Swinney just before the 1992 General Election when he had the misfortune to ask me if he could count on my vote.

Hi Islay we have a few regular letter writers in the Courier. Why not write some of your anti independence sentiments to help the circulation? Some comments to helpJohn Swinney might be most welcome and if you used a nom de plume of say I.S. Lay we could see how long it took for you to get banned from there too!
    I will leave the letter writing to the current regular letter writers in the Courier while I spend my time surfing the Internet raising funds for the Dee4Life Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I will leave the letter writing to the current regular letter writers in the Courier while I spend my time surfing the Internet raising funds for the Dee4Life Trust.
    Better raising it for the Foundation, at least you know it’s going to the club

hmac.
    It gets better. My postie when he first arrived back on Islay got a job where he had to go on an induction course in Glasgow. While he was on his course one of his fellow course members asked him if he was a ‘Billy’ or a Tim’ and he replied that his name was Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Better raising it for the Foundation, at least you know it’s going to the club
    During each of the last two seasons the Dee4life Trust have sponsored two first team players plus entered the Dee Promotions Youth draw prior to the start of the season. They have also handed over funds to the new Dundee Football Club Historical museum plus funding for the Dundee FC in the Community Trust. At least the members of the society know where their money is being spent. The details are listed in the ‘downloads and minutes’ section of the society’s website.
    However the people donating their money to the Foundation do not know where the club is going to spend their money. Most clubs who have this ‘Foundation’ type of fundraising scheme state that the money will be handed over to increase the manager’s playing budget.

Despite what you may think I am prepared to listen to an opposing point of view but with the pro independence supporters throughout Scotland it is their way or no way.
    I have previously posted that in March 2014 Michael Russell SNP MSP for Argyll and Bute had a letter published in the Ileach which is the Islay Community newspaper quoting my name and complaining that I continually had anti independence letters published in the Ileach.
    That Deeranged is free speech but not as far as Michael Russell and the rest of the SNP supporters are concerned.
    I don't care about the SNP however I gave up years ago trying to discuss anything with you because if anyone disagrees with you they're wrong. You have your views and believe them to be fact even when they're so far wrong it's embarrassing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I don't care about the SNP however I gave up years ago trying to discuss anything with you because if anyone disagrees with you they're wrong. You have your views and believe them to be fact even when they're so far wrong it's embarrassing for you.
    I think that's a bit harsh Deeranged. I may be wrong but I think Islay does valuable service to this forum by bring facts to the fore. How we all interpret these facts is what makes it interesting.

I think that's a bit harsh Deeranged. I may be wrong but I think Islay does valuable service to this forum by bring facts to the fore. How we all interpret these facts is what makes it interesting.
    Agree completely.

Positives.....dislikes sturgeon, plays golf, dosent like banks.

Negatives.....I sometimes have nae ****ing idea what he's on about.

Deciding factor....banned (probably harshly) from Pravda so that sits well with me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)