+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2020-21

Enzio has a laid back demeanor. Makes him look lazy when he actually isn't. Tracks back an awful lot. Certainly more than he did in our league 2 season. If anything Ardley has improved his defensive work which he rarely did.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Very encouraging. Even from the 13 already signed you could field:

Slocombe
    Rawlinson, Lacey, Turner, McCrory
    Roberts, O'Brien, Doyle, Rodrigues / Boldewijn
    Wootton, Thomas

Most clubs at this level would be ecstatic with that team as a starting point.
    Only problem,Ardley is Manager.
    Laddo lol

If he sees next season out & we get promoted,he will have been here 2 1/2 years & only back to where he started from

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Only problem,Ardley is Manager.
    Laddo lol

If he sees next season out & we get promoted,he will have been here 2 1/2 years & only back to where he started from
    Are you Trolling?

We won’t have a better chance of getting out of this League. We have kept the core of the squad and appear to be making good signings which shows me we have a little financial clout.
    Normally teams relegated from L2 would be among the favourites to go up, with Macclesfield I would be surprised if they make the top 10 such is there situation.
    I look at the National League and clubs like Dover who have been competitive are in trouble, how many other clubs are in the same boat.
    I don’t look around the National League with fear and fully expect Notts to start well.
    This time last season I was thankful we still had a club. This year I am thankful that we look to be a well run club.
    Notts to be promoted in record time, accumulating over 100 points.

COYPs
    Last edited by Notts78; 12-08-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We won’t have a better chance of getting out of this League. We have kept the core of the squad and appear to be making good signings which shows me we have a little financial clout.
    Normally teams relegated from L2 would be among the favourites to go up, with Macclesfield I would be surprised if they make the top 10 such is there situation.
    I look at the National League and clubs like Dover who have been competitive are in trouble, how many other clubs are in the same boat.
    I don’t look around the National League with fear and fully expect Notts to start well.
    This time last season I was thankful we still had a club. This year I am thankful that we look to be a well run club.
    Notts to be promoted in record time, accumulating over 100 points.

COYPs
    This

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Are you Trolling?
    Why would I be Trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    About time we had one of these threads, right? Here's how the squad is shaping up thus far and the obvious gaps. Filling all the positions below would offer 2 players for each position and a squad of 23. Although as it's Notts it obviously might not work out quite like that.

GOALKEEPERS

GK - Sam Slocombe
    GK -
    GK - Tiernan Brooks

Offer made: Joe McDonnell (GK)

DEFENCE

RB -
    RB -
    CB - Connell Rawlinson
    CB – Alex Lacey
    CB - Ben Turner
    CB -
    LB - Damien McCrory
    LB -

Offers made: Richard Brindley (LB ) and Dion Kelly-Evans (RB )

MIDFIELD

RM -
    RM - Callum Roberts
    CM - Jim O’Brien
    CM - Michael Doyle
    CM - Rúben Rodrigues
    CM -
    LM - Enzio Boldewijn
    LM -

Offer made: Sam Osborne (RM)

FORWARDS

CF - Wes Thomas
    CF - Kyle Wootton
    CF -
    CF -

Offer made: Kristian Dennis (CF)

Can't wait to see who else signs up to fill the gaps.
    Further to a point I made on another thread I wouldn't be surprised if we operate this season with a 20 or 21-man squad rather 23 men, given the financial constraints on all clubs.

Using the terms described above we might 'stick' with three orthodox CFS, three CBs and three CMs or three wide players rather than four, asking players who can play secondary positions to fill in the gaps. For instance McCrory played as a stand-in centre half last season, Enzio played in a three man midfield in a couple of games and can also fill in as a striker, O'Brien can play wide or central and and Dennis and Thomas can also move out wide at a push. Plus we might give a couple more kids an opportunity. So if all those still considering contracts re-signed, you might be looking at just at one or two more signings. One of those will almost certainly have to be a left-back.

I'm sure Neal Ardley would prefer a 23-man squad, but we're in a difficult financial environment right now with no gate receipts.
    Last edited by jackal2; 12-08-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Further to a point I made on another thread I wouldn't be surprised if we operate this season with a 20 or 21-man squad rather 23 men, given the financial constraints on all clubs.

Using the terms described above we might 'stick' with three orthodox CFS, three CBs and three CMs or three wide players rather than four, asking players who can play secondary positions to fill in the gaps. For instance McCrory played as a stand-in centre half last season, Enzio played in a three man midfield in a couple of games and can also fill in as a striker, O'Brien can play wide or central and and Dennis and Thomas can also move out wide at a push. Plus we might give a couple more kids an opportunity. So if all those still considering contracts re-signed, you might be looking at just at one or two more signings. One of those will almost certainly have to be a left-back.

I'm sure Neal Ardley would prefer a 23-man squad, but we're in a difficult financial environment right now with no gate receipts.
    We can make loans, it would surprise me if we stuck with the three centre backs we have and loan one when and if needed? Especially as in an emergency McCrory can cover centre back as well

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Why would I be Trolling?
    I don't think trolling at all.

It's just Irish changing his view and opinion on the manager for the ump****th time. All depends which way the winds blowing or to be a little more accurate whether we won the last few games or didn't.

He's a rollercoaster fan.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't think trolling at all.

It's just Irish changing his view and opinion on the manager for the ump****th time. All depends which way the winds blowing or to be a little more accurate whether we won the last few games or didn't.

He's a rollercoaster fan.
    You a a feckin nerd. Show me where I keep changing my mind on the Manager, never wanted him, still don't.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast