+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2020-21

Who said anything about who was the richest???? Don't start putting words in other people's mouths that's Elite's forte.

That's just one of the obvious differences between the two. Can you spot any others? Let me help you out....

I think you will find the Mansfailed chairman has patience. Now there's a big difference, he's had to. He's been owner for a decade and he has seen just one promotion to date to the FL.

Seven times we won handsomely last season. You aren't the brightest are you? You can still win handsomely regardless of who you are playing last time I checked. Or is that not allowed now?

As I've said many times before I'm not a huge fan of Ardley, he's not done enough to earn fandom IMO. Only a numb nuts would confuse not wanting to regularly change the manager every single season , with fandom of the current manager. Only a fool would be calling for David Flitcroft who did well at Barnsley for a short time 7-8 years ago. It appears you've spent too long sharpening that pitchfork only breaking to watch the Stags? Please tell me you don't watch over the internet? You actually go to the games right?

Whoever is in charge it's nice to see someone actually get long enough to succeed or fail. Get a fair crack at it, instead in and out the club with a nice payoff within 8 months.

That approach has worked wonders so far . Sad times

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    That must indicate that a manager has little influence on a team's performance at any time, and a that a long contract ought to be given as it must be the players fault. There lie the problems. Should ANY manager be allowed a lengthy spell? How long before it's obvious you've caught a crab and you should shove him overboard? If the manager isn't achieving even moderate success is it his incompetence or are the players, presumably brought in by this manager, not up to scratch? If the manager is bringing in supposedly better players and still no coconut - what then?
    I think the gist was that continually changing manager because promotion was not achieved caused issues. Imagine the owners were to sack Ardley for failing in the playoffs. We have a base of a squad set up for Ardley, a new manager will have to either turn over the squad or adapt to the playing staff. If the management has to adapt to the players, what is the point in changing manager? If you are going to replace all of the players, then financially you are at a bad road and there is no guarantee of success there either.

Look at the likes of Accrington. They stick with their manager for years, even when they were lower mid table and are now playing League 1 football with probably one of the smallest budgets in the entire football league (and possibly smaller than a lot of national League teams). It's about building over a period of time, not instant success.

To a lesser extent, look at Luton and a less so Lincoln? They built over a period of years and Luton are now in the championship whilst playing in the league we are in now about 5/6 years ago

My thoughts exactly CBP. It's an expensive business chopping and changing managers all the time. Especially when it doesn't result in promotion and a sustained period at a higher level.

I think where we find ourselves after a dozen managers in 10 years makes it hard to argue our owners point.

Amid all the squabbling Rich Brindley has signed a new contract. Another decent signing and a very decent defender for the level we are at.
    COYPs

Updated to include Brindley...

GOALKEEPERS

GK - Sam Slocombe
    GK -
    GK - Tiernan Brooks

Offer made: Joe McDonnell (GK)

DEFENCE

RB -
    RB - Richard Brindley
    CB - Connell Rawlinson
    CB – Alex Lacey
    CB - Ben Turner
    CB -
    LB - Damien McCrory
    LB -

Offer made: Dion Kelly-Evans (RB )

MIDFIELD

RM -
    RM - Callum Roberts
    CM - Jim O’Brien
    CM - Michael Doyle
    CM - Rúben Rodrigues
    CM -
    LM - Enzio Boldewijn
    LM -

Offer made: Sam Osborne (RM)

FORWARDS

CF - Wes Thomas
    CF - Kyle Wootton
    CF -
    CF -

Offer made: Kristian Dennis (CF)
    Last edited by DaveSmithRules; 13-08-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Updated to include Brindley...

GOALKEEPERS

GK - Sam Slocombe
    GK -
    GK - Tiernan Brooks

Offer made: Joe McDonnell (GK)

DEFENCE

RB -
    RB -
    CB - Connell Rawlinson
    CB – Alex Lacey
    CB - Ben Turner
    CB -
    LB - Damien McCrory
    LB - Richard Brindley

Offer made: Dion Kelly-Evans (RB )

MIDFIELD

RM -
    RM - Callum Roberts
    CM - Jim O’Brien
    CM - Michael Doyle
    CM - Rúben Rodrigues
    CM -
    LM - Enzio Boldewijn
    LM -

Offer made: Sam Osborne (RM)

FORWARDS

CF - Wes Thomas
    CF - Kyle Wootton
    CF -
    CF -

Offer made: Kristian Dennis (CF)
    Brindley is a right back chap

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Brindley is a right back chap
    Oops. My bad. Updated it now. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We won’t have a better chance of getting out of this League. We have kept the core of the squad and appear to be making good signings which shows me we have a little financial clout.
    Normally teams relegated from L2 would be among the favourites to go up, with Macclesfield I would be surprised if they make the top 10 such is there situation.
    I look at the National League and clubs like Dover who have been competitive are in trouble, how many other clubs are in the same boat.
    I don’t look around the National League with fear and fully expect Notts to start well.
    This time last season I was thankful we still had a club. This year I am thankful that we look to be a well run club.
    Notts to be promoted in record time, accumulating over 100 points.

COYPs
    Think thats a pipe dream accumulating over 100 points, hope springs eternal
    This is the reason why so many supporters get delusioned , because of unrealistic expectations

Untl Ardley can prove he can stop teams with a high press, and busy midfield, i predict playoffs again,, and another defeat when we start slow, and crumble against a team that comes at us
    ( reason for relegation from L2, and failure against Harrogate)

The thing is at NL many teams, will come for the point, it will only be the top 2 or 3 teams that play like this, and to gain automatic promotion notts must be better than them all
    ( Last season Barrow and Harrogate were high press teams)

Notts should start a lot better though this season, but having said that Barrow started poorly last year too, and they were still promoted, they did,nt have the pre season excuse notts county used

As i said before Ardley should been sacked in January 2019, he should never been appointed at all, his record before he left wimbledon was awfull.
    He should been sacked gain in May 2019, for relegating us. He had a good squad , and was backed by the reedz brothers, still failed, because of his ongoing failure that relegated us , and the play off defeat, not beingable to stop teams with a high press
    Although it debatable, who is to say another manager would not have got us promoted

Anyway Ardley gets another season, whether he will finally show us he has learned anything at all ( stopping high press teams) remains to be seen

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    That must indicate that a manager has little influence on a team's performance at any time, and a that a long contract ought to be given as it must be the players fault. There lie the problems. Should ANY manager be allowed a lengthy spell? How long before it's obvious you've caught a crab and you should shove him overboard? If the manager isn't achieving even moderate success is it his incompetence or are the players, presumably brought in by this manager, not up to scratch? If the manager is bringing in supposedly better players and still no coconut - what then?
    I think it is fair to say that NA was badly let down by the team at Wembley.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast