+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2020-21

I think it's fair to say that the anti Ardley brigade will discount that, and continue the assault on him.

So will the Pro Ardley Brigade discount anything,and continue the nonsense Ardley is the best mangager and everybody else is to blame for his incompetence

Not sure anyone thinks he is the best mangager at all. He’s learning his trade and did a pretty good job last season, all things considered.

Think that is fair , based on last season , he deseves another chance

Just my judgement is clouded by the relegation season, and so many of them problems still remain

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

Just my judgement is clouded
    No kidding, you hide it so well

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I think it is fair to say that NA was badly let down by the team at Wembley.
    It appears you're right, unless they were playing to Ardley's instructions - or perhaps it was the intimidating Wembley atmosphere?

Just keep things simple, Notts win praise the players. Notts lose blame the manager. It some quarters it's known as the 'Irish' approach.

Even though Davy's ridiculous comment re. best manager aim ,there is no doubt that the relegation has clouded many people's minds ,which isn't a surprise following that disastrous season from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Even though Davy's ridiculous comment re. best manager aim ,there is no doubt that the relegation has clouded many people's minds ,which isn't a surprise following that disastrous season from start to finish.
    Relegation hasn't clouded people's judgement of Ardley, it's been included to form part of a rational overall judgement.

It happened, we were relegated, and Ardley failed dismally. I suppose if you completely ignore it, Ardley's done a pretty decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Relegation hasn't clouded people's judgement of Ardley, it's been included to form part of a rational overall judgement.

It happened, we were relegated, and Ardley failed dismally. I suppose if you completely ignore it, Ardley's done a pretty decent job.
    I agree that he failed in the first season. However, I do think that were mitigating circumstances that any manager would have found difficult to cope with.

Would the club survive?
    A chairman who makes the National newspapers for all the wrong reasons
    A dressing room divided
    A dreadful start to the season
    Players and staff not knowing if they would be paid.

For those reasons I see no point in still going on about what happened. I would rather start where we are now, a squad that are very capable of winning that league, or at least the play-offs, great team spirit, owners who seem calm but in control and a manager who wants to make up for previous failings.

I am right behind NA, he isn't going anywhere at the moment and for me, I feel quite confident about the future.

Now McDonnell has signed for Eastleigh, i'm torn as to whether we should replace him or not. Slocombe is the obvious first-choice for us. So anyone else coming in would be as back-up. Tiernan Brooks is also back-up and was getting rave reviews on loan at Lincoln United last season. But they are 3 divisions below us and he is only 17/18 still.

A good compromise might just be to get someone in on loan if Slocombe is injured. And Jake Kean will probably sign up as a player again too.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast