+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2020-21

Notts County Squad 2020-21

About time we had one of these threads, right? Here's how the squad is shaping up thus far and the obvious gaps. Filling all the positions below would offer 2 players for each position and a squad of 23. Although as it's Notts it obviously might not work out quite like that.

GOALKEEPERS

GK - Sam Slocombe
    GK -
    GK - Tiernan Brooks

Offer made: Joe McDonnell (GK)

DEFENCE

RB -
    RB -
    CB - Connell Rawlinson
    CB – Alex Lacey
    CB - Ben Turner
    CB -
    LB - Damien McCrory
    LB -

Offers made: Richard Brindley (LB ) and Dion Kelly-Evans (RB )

MIDFIELD

RM -
    RM - Callum Roberts
    CM - Jim O’Brien
    CM - Michael Doyle
    CM - Rúben Rodrigues
    CM -
    LM - Enzio Boldewijn
    LM -

Offer made: Sam Osborne (RM)

FORWARDS

CF - Wes Thomas
    CF - Kyle Wootton
    CF -
    CF -

Offer made: Kristian Dennis (CF)

Can't wait to see who else signs up to fill the gaps.

Very encouraging. Even from the 13 already signed you could field:

Slocombe
    Rawlinson, Lacey, Turner, McCrory
    Roberts, O'Brien, Doyle, Rodrigues / Boldewijn
    Wootton, Thomas

Most clubs at this level would be ecstatic with that team as a starting point.

I'm definitely happy with that starting team. Subs bench would be quite lonely though.

Anyone know if Jake Kean is still registered as a player with us? Or just as GK coach? I'm guessing the latter otherwise we might not have offered Joe McDonnell a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Very encouraging. Even from the 13 already signed you could field:

Slocombe
    Rawlinson, Lacey, Turner, McCrory
    Roberts, O'Brien, Doyle, Rodrigues / Boldewijn
    Wootton, Thomas

Most clubs at this level would be ecstatic with that team as a starting point.
    However Elite how many points will they get. That is all that matters. In that team you have one lazy arse on the left one unknown in the middle an old man in the middle and a snail at centreback. Several of those players I hope are definately auto starts.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I'm definitely happy with that starting team. Subs bench would be quite lonely though.

Anyone know if Jake Kean is still registered as a player with us? Or just as GK coach? I'm guessing the latter otherwise we might not have offered Joe McDonnell a new deal.
    He'll register as a GK regardless I'd imagine like Pilkington used to, there's no drawback to doing it and he'd be able to step in in an emergency, I think he's said he doesn't want to play though, which is a shame because he was a top GK and is still pretty young as far as keepers go (29)

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    However Elite how many points will they get. That is all that matters. In that team you have one lazy arse on the left one unknown in the middle an old man in the middle and a snail at centreback. Several of those players I hope are definately auto starts.
    I love how people can STILL think Enzio is lazy, guessing you missed the interview when he said he was in the top 5 players every game for distance ran? What kind of lazy player decides to cover as much ground as possible whilst trying not to break a sweat?
    Last edited by Freeman25; 11-08-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post

He will register as a player but playing apparently no longer interests him or something so it would be an emergency only

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I love how people can STILL think Enzio is lazy, guessing you missed the interview when he said he was in the top 5 players every game for distance ran? What kind of lazy player decides to cover as much ground as possible whilst trying not to break a sweat?
    A lazy player who isn't actually lazy?

Enzio being lazy is complete fiction, if anything he tracks back too much blunting his attacking threat somewhat.

Enzio being lazy is complete fiction, if anything he tracks back too much blunting his attacking threat somewhat.
    Agree completely.
    If we do go 4-2-3-1 with 2 holding midfielders we shouldn’t need to have players like Enzio tracking a full back all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He'll register as a GK regardless I'd imagine like Pilkington used to, there's no drawback to doing it and he'd be able to step in in an emergency, I think he's said he doesn't want to play though, which is a shame because he was a top GK and is still pretty young as far as keepers go (29)

Of course it depends what you do while covering the distance to a certain degree although I take your point. You would expect someone in that position to be covering a lot of ground.

I don't get this lazy stuff. He wasn't included in the team of the season for no reason. Maybe his wonder goals helped but I doubt there are many teams in this league who would turn him down.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast