+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Most successful midland club

Most successful midland club

Last season we were the only midland side to get to the final of any cup competition. I think Wolves lost a great chance last night and will rue it considering how long their season has been for not much reward!

Wolves and Leicester are the best midlands clubs. Villa 3rd but i expect us to be better than both come the season after next.

Do we mean best, as in current standing or most successful?
    At the minute, Leicester are number 1 closely followed by Wolves, Villa would be third with baggies fourth, then come forest, derby, Cov, stoke and Walsall bringing up the rear are Small Heath Alliance!🤔 that is based on the number of years in the premiership and how many times that has been won.

Most successful whether other fans like it or not Notts Forest then Villa, followed, Wolves & Leicester.....the others also rans, this is based on the number of trophy's or championships won in order of merit. Not officially but to my knowledge only...

Depends how you look at it Dave. If the question was, and in this case it is, “Who is the most Midlands successful Club?”, then it’s us. Forest 10 Major titles, Villa 21.

In fact, outside of that Clough era, they only won 2 F.A. Cups, in 155 years. I say only 2, but remind me, how many F.A.Cups have blose won?

But if the question were to be, and it isn’t, “Who has won more ECs?”, then of course, it’s Forest.

However, that Forest side of Cloughie’s, is without doubt, the most successful and best Midlands “side’”, ever.

As of now, the best, not successful, “sides”, is a scrap between Lista and Wolves. Wolves 1st imo.

UTV

I was thinking us but based on the pinacle of Europenan cups (CL) I gave that to Forest but sheer number of trophies is us, 25 on my last count and I believe we are still the 5th most successful British club of all time!

Agreed Dave, but I don’t count Intertoto, Charity Shield or lower league titles as major trophies.

That Forest side was brilliant, I quite like Forest as a club for that reason - John Robertson is one of the best I've seen from my younger days.

MON was a top player for them. Trevor Francis wasnt bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    MON was a top player for them. Trevor Francis wasn't bad either.
    True Bongo, MON was an integral part of that team. So much so that Cloughie dropped him for the 1st one

And as for the “Cloven Hoofed one”? he that shalt not be named on any self-respecting Villa site.

Unless of course, you’re prepared to “walk a million miles, just to rub his face in your piles”? Alternatively, you could “run a mile and a bit, just to shove his face in some sh1t”. Two for the auld lads there

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)