+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Co Ltd

Ross Co Ltd

Massive match on Saturday.

Mixed results so far but this should be real test of whether we might be aspiring for top 6 or could be in for long season in lower half.

It’s made more important as match after will be against Celtic who will be chomping at the bit after cancellations and so we can’t expect anything from that.

Start is important and we want to try and stay higher up the league.

Assuming that Robson will need a bit of time after the head clash yesterday

Not sure how far away Shanks is from fitness

Thinking team could be something like
    Benji
    Bolton Reynolds Connolly Neilson Sporle
    Butcher Harkes Pawlett
    Clark
    Appere

I dont think we need 5 at the back against county

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I dont think we need 5 at the back against county
    I think the line up above should have Bolton and Sporle as wing backs in the midfield so 3-5-2. Probably won't be far off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think the line up above should have Bolton and Sporle as wing backs in the midfield so 3-5-2. Probably won't be far off the mark.
    Possibly a surprise or two

If Robson fit then a back four

Changes up front with either/or chalmers/smith for Clark/pawlett

County have started the season well with 2 wins and a draw. They are still pretty similar to last season in their set up however have signed more defensive players as last season they had a terrible record at the back. got a fairly steady lineup with guys with plenty of experience. going forward they look to get the ball wide to players like Gardyne or Mullin with Mckay and Stewart looking to get on the end of crosses into the box. Theyll be streetwise and fairly well organised i reckon.

For us if we can get a good tempo into the game then im confident we can create chances against them. Depending on who is available but id like to see us go back to what we done v well in setup.

Benji
    Smith* Connolly Reynolds Robson*
    butcher
    Bolton Harkes Pawlett Appere
    Shankland*

Its very telling that a few injuries and we look to be struggling for depth already. If the Full backs are unavailable then probably means neilson comes in at the back and sporle at LWB. Interesting to see what MM does in the attacking positions as we didnt create a great deal v hibs so whether someone like Chalmers or Glass gets a start.

They've got Coll Donaldson. Shankland hat trick. Utd win.

3 games in and the Medical Tent is filling up, Hotlips Hoolihan in MASH would be rubbing her hands with this. Jamie Robson might be back if he's given the all clear, surprised it's not a funeral after that collision, too early for Liam Smith and maybe also for our talisman LoA although if he appears in the lineup it will be a major boost because we've missed his goals but also his all round link up play too.
    Edwards, also be surprised to see his name on the teamsheeet, so we could be starting this game a bit light. What's the crack with McMullan, has he emigrated, seen nothing mentioned by United on his situation. If he's fit, Saturday might be a chance for him to show up.

I watched County in their first game v Motherwell and they look well organised, physical as always, but beatable, gave up chances especially in their left back position.

As with Tuesday night I would take a point if offered now, but it's a match I think we can win. The problem for MM is how do we win it without strikers that score goals. Appere looked unable to turn with the ball on Tuesday, needs to get his back to Donaldson and do exactly that. Bolton again will be our best chance of creating if Shankland doesn't make it. I liked the way MM is trying to get Harkes and Pawlett trying to play each other in right in front of the opposition back 4, hopefully it'll come off soon.

C'mon United

I think McMullan is awaiting a hernia operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    I think McMullan is awaiting a hernia operation.
    He’s had it done mate. And a few weeks ago at that. I would have thought we should have been looking at a starting date for him by now TBH.

I think what has baffled the surgeons is how to straighten his right foot so that he can cross a ball

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)