+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Co Ltd

What I'm noticing is a growing confidence to hold onto the ball instead of lashing it forward. Team mates showing for it, keeping it that little bit longer until an option comes available. Under Neilson the players lacked that and we ended up losing possession 9 time out of 10. You can see that the players are getting coached in this and already it's making a massive difference even based on weakened lineups being asked to do it.

That was a game where we seriously missed Shankland. Great, great result but particularly in the second half with the number of openings we seemed to create in and around their box, Sir Lawrence would have had a phucking field day. Still, brilliant result, came from behind and terrific bounce back from Tuesday night.

If only Neilson had been able to take his chance late on, that might have been goal of the season! Not seen for a long time, a defender in our team who is able to take pressure off the defence by taking the ball on a run like he did.

First half was as dire as ive seen in a long time, but we deserved the win in the end and there are flashes in our team that say there is more to come when they settle down a bit more.

Was quite impressed with Freeman, Sporle and Bolton, but we need another option up front as Appere looked a bit lost at times, and at one point, i forgot Pawlett was on! I note comments about a lack of strength in depth, but Clark, Smith, Neilson, and even Powers, did their bit to change the game.

MM constantly roaring for guys to 'get out to the ball' and 'get higher up the pitch' and the players responding. As much I'd prefer the players to do this naturally, it's great to see the players responding to the manager and it working.

Congratulations arabs for the victory and the start of the season of the return of a historic team to the premier (although it could be better considering the results in Tannadice).

Powers has been really useful sub today and against Motherwell coming on and keeping possession

It's great to have a manager that knows how to impose changes to a game in progress.

I thought Appere worked his socks off today in a thankless task.

With 5 key players out, to go away from home and beat a team that has been on form. That's so encouraging.

Great start for MM - I'm definately a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    Congratulations arabs for the victory and the start of the season of the return of a historic team to the premier (although it could be better considering the results in Tannadice).
    Cheers JM. Just out of interest do you support a Scottish team?

i think we are passing it a bit better too this season, i wonder if that is in part to teams attacking us more which allows us more space. Actually thought it was a decent match, both teams went for it, thought we got stronger, but County had decent chances too. Still think that was a stonewall pen, you plant your leg like that striker goes over it and 9/10 pen is given, but i'll watch it again on highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If only Neilson had been able to take his chance late on, that might have been goal of the season! Not seen for a long time, a defender in our team who is able to take pressure off the defence by taking the ball on a run like he did.

First half was as dire as ive seen in a long time, but we deserved the win in the end and there are flashes in our team that say there is more to come when they settle down a bit more.

Was quite impressed with Freeman, Sporle and Bolton, but we need another option up front as Appere looked a bit lost at times, and at one point, i forgot Pawlett was on! I note comments about a lack of strength in depth, but Clark, Smith, Neilson, and even Powers, did their bit to change the game.
    Appere was asked to do the Sh*t job in Scottish futba away from home. Try (alone) to close down centre halves and full backs when they get possession. He did look a wee bit lost , probably because he was running pillar to post like a haidless chicken.

It did help our game though. Looks like the days of teams getting to the halfway line before being challenged are long gone.

Long may it continue............

Very happy just now, with the team, the tactics etc....... every point we get now is a point we don't have to nervously fight for at the business end of the season.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)