+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The 5 subbies rule

The 5 subbies rule

I said on here(phuck know's where)that the diddy club's should vote against this,the same sort of teams voted it down in England for their next season.
    My reasoning was that this rule could only be a massive advantage to the two Glasgow club's but to my dismay it got voted through.Last night in a show of strength and arrogance Gerrard brought on FOUR player's in a oner when they were already 3-0 up.
    They took off over twenty million pounds and brought on their two new strikers and other players with a combined worth of over ten million pounds,given that it needed 9 of the 12 Premiership clubs to allow this to happen i have to ask why the turkey's voted for an early Christmas?.

It's an odd one, it definitely benefits clubs with big squads. It's interesting that MM hadn't really used it yet.

It is necessary evil for one Season only to accomodate crammed fixture list tbf, clearly benefits bigger clubs, subs probably never been more Important, you can almost plan tactics now around your subs as you are potentially replacing almost half a team. Think reason mm not used It more prob in part due to lack of options.

Was glad of the five sub rule on Tues when our first two subs were forced upon us through injury.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Was glad of the five sub rule on Tues when our first two subs were forced upon us through injury.
    How many subs did we make mate?,i was blotto and honestly cannie remember.I know Robson and Edwards went off injured though.I was surprised that the wee clubs(if you can call them that)in the English Premier League voted it down because they do have much bigger squads than the Scottish sides,start later and have at least as many games as us to play.

If for instance we were doing well in a game v The Rangers my heart would sink if i seen them warming up millions of pounds worth of talent as we had a couple of bairns stretching behind the other goal.Only my opinion obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    How many subs did we make mate?,i was blotto and honestly cannie remember.I know Robson and Edwards went off injured though.I was surprised that the wee clubs(if you can call them that)in the English Premier League voted it down because they do have much bigger squads than the Scottish sides,start later and have at least as many games as us to play.

If for instance we were doing well in a game v The Rangers my heart would sink if i seen them warming up millions of pounds worth of talent as we had a couple of bairns stretching behind the other goal.Only my opinion obviously.
    4 altogether, Cammy Smith and Logan Chalmers came on for Clark and Bolton.

I don't see the downside to 5 subs, gives us a chance to give youngsters some game time, allows us to remove key players on a booking or a booking away from a suspension, allows us to waste time in event we are in a good position against a more fancied team.
    Tactically I can see less fancied teams getting more results against the bigger clubs, eg if the bigger team are winning late on they think job done and rest their better players, smaller teams then go for it all guns blazing

Fitba players all over the world utterly detest the thought of being subbed, no matter what the score is when it happens, and it especially irks the ‘star’ players who see themselves as irreplaceable. If the gruesome twosome fae bigotville think it helps them then they are probably in for a shock as their star players will not be happy in the long run and could lead to unhappy dressing rooms. For the rest of the clubs I don’t think it’s such a bad thing as has already been stated it gives the younger fringe players a chance of first team action.

Once crowds are allowed back into grounds it could give us fans the opportunity to noise up the opposition players with ‘Your getting subbed in a minute, subbed in a minute, your getting subbed in a minute’ followed with derisory howls of laughter when the inevitability do get hooked. Always look for the positives lads

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    4 altogether, Cammy Smith and Logan Chalmers came on for Clark and Bolton.
    Cheers mate,how did they get on?.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)