+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: European super league

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    I've never watched the champions league, I'm not a football fan I'm a villa fan. full stop. The nonsense of the top six, has become a thing since the smoked salmon sandwich brigade took over football. Prior to the premiership, Man utd hadn't won the league for twenty years. I say good riddance to the big six going into a super league, f*ck them, if people just watch their own team and stop worrying about the super teams, football will survive, if they don't its going to die. I never want to have a national sport that is like the american sports, with no peril there is no competition.
    Well said

Interesting discussion. I can't see this happening. The drain of talent disappearing into a super league would completely devalue the EPL. Look how the EPL and Euro football basically destroyed the once pivotal FA and League cup. This isn't driven by the love of football only greed. Would be a terrible direction to take the game.

Its a fag packet job, will never happen. Let them dream. To me its simple, the champions league should consist of Champions of their Country. Now having established that, there will be no big 6. Finishing 5 in the EPL and entering the CL is just riddiculous. Just to bugger things up, I just hope Us, Everton and Leicester finish top 6 this season. What makes a big 6 then?
    If Teams are allowed to leave then they should never be allowed back into the league as it stands, so good luck playing none league football when the bubble bursts.
    They want to go, then go. Its a divorce with no return. Football will move on without them, lets face it, who is going to subscribe to an inflated SKY subscription?
    Its all bull and will never happen.

It's just another example of meddling with something that wasn't broken in the first place, businessmen and their advisors always seeking transformation to suck money out of the economy - who benefits? Not the likes of us or almost everyone else who watches football, I know people go on about Man U and Liverpool fans not being from their cities but that wasn't the case going back not too far - you'd hear plenty of Mancunian and Scouse accents. Those lads and lasses must be fuming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)