+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European super league

European super league

Does anyone think this will ever happen.

Say the top six of prem break away and form a Euro league I think this may be a possibility in the next ten years after all football is constantly changing esp for the chase for more money...... thoughts ?

I would agree av, it’s on the cards, especially if that “Fruitbat” at Juve has his way. I.e. Club’s qualification depending on their historical significance and wealth.

Part of me would say “let em go”. However, football to me is all about domestic rivalry and local pride. European football is just a reward for domestic success.

Football is not just Europe and Premier League. It’s also the lower tiers, non league and amateur sides. A European league will destroy domestic football.

What would blose do, without the dreams of their “once in a generation” wins against The Villa?

Money was always going to ruin football, I’m just grateful that, because all of the governing bodies are so inept, that it’s taken this long.

I can see it happening but not top 6, maybe top 4?
    Lets face it, they can go and football can return to normal. These 4 teams will soon be forgotten about, the fans will be angry as they will have to subscribe to yet another sky rip off channel to watch their team while looking at the prem that was.
    Man city
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Man utd

These 4 teams have snatched every domestic tropphy, practically, for the last 20 years.
    # one thing the FA and Premier league should do though, if they want to come back, they have to start from the bottom or the teams left in the prem should vote on whether they want them back?

Replace with

Sheff Wed
    Notts Forest
    Derby
    Bournemouth

Much as I hate the dominance of the super-rich clubs and the phones out for every set-piece brigade chasing likes on social media, seeing top players grace the league is something plus the banter between fans has stayed for the most part, it's all we have left of really of how it used to be. If this does happen, the fan base will change rapidly at those clubs and the whole identity for the supporters will be changed forever.

Maybe that's what the money men want - tourists with big wallets, labelled as customers.

We said it was on the cards .......

Man United and Liverpool in talks to set up 'European Premier League'

Sorry can’t get link to work breaking news daily mail

I can post the Sky link AV

http://www.skysports.com/share/12109174

So now it becomes crystal clear why Man U and Liverpool where so desperate to change the voting system in EPL.

According to bbc news, will never happen as players would be banned from playing for there country, domestic cups and not allowed back in to the premier league.
    Let them go I say, leave the none plastic, real teams and supporters to enjoy a game of football without thinking money is success!

Replace with Celtic and Rangers (if they want to) and make it 18 teams. Let the "big 4" go.... 2 of which have never won the European Cup

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Replace with Celtic and Rangers (if they want to) and make it 18 teams. Let the "big 4" go.... 2 of which have never won the European Cup
    Never mind the two, pathetic, ‘Bigot Brothers’ Sam, we don’t need those 2 in English football. Hopefully, Scottish Independence will put that nightmare to bed.

No mate, if we’re gonna invite foreign clubs to replace the ‘Top Tw@s’ then surely these 6 are more appealing than an away weekender in London, Manchester, or Merseyside.

Ajax Amsterdam
    Hamburg SV
    Royal Antwerp
    Monaco
    Hertha Berlin
    Malaga CF

Bring it on

Ok Ajax may get the call from the new league, but Eindhoven (PSV) ain't a bad spot.
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 20-10-2020 at 06:49 PM.

I've never watched the champions league, I'm not a football fan I'm a villa fan. full stop. The nonsense of the top six, has become a thing since the smoked salmon sandwich brigade took over football. Prior to the premiership, Man utd hadn't won the league for twenty years. I say good riddance to the big six going into a super league, f*ck them, if people just watch their own team and stop worrying about the super teams, football will survive, if they don't its going to die. I never want to have a national sport that is like the american sports, with no peril there is no competition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)