+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jermaine Beckford on Talksport now til 1pm

Jermaine Beckford on Talksport now til 1pm

He's co-hosting the Jim White show with Sam Matterface, (he seems to be on that station more and more) his love of Leeds is undeniable, been telling some great anecdotes, even scum fans liking him

One of my favorite players in the dark days of Lg 1. A key to offset the 15 pt penalty and getting us out of Lg 1. The goal against Bristol Rovers to put us up was a great moment.

Needless to say the sublime goal against scumchester at OT is one of the great moments in the last decade.

Couldn't blame him on going to the prem. With bates selling our stars it was unlikely he'd make it to the prem in his prime.

Still keeps in touch with background staff, he mentioned he once handed in a transfer request when his contract was running down and no new one was being offered, he had been told Newcastle wanted him, his main aim was to get Leeds some funds... but he retracted it a couple of weeks later as he didn't want to leave club.

Yes the Rovers match to hELL and back and then that great Sunday lunchtime in Salford, over 10 years ago

Genuine bloke too JB.
    His wife Laura kindly gave some freebie tokens from their plant based nutrition protein drinks business (Supernova) at a Leeds business launch this year - total health fanatics both of them & they still live in the city.Tastes really nice after a run.Hope it goes well for them.
    MOT

Yes he comes across well on radio, am sure he will carve a career out of it, once some normality returns...

Enjoy drinking Jermaine's protein Mrs O

Cheers

Still give her one Billy?

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Still give her one Billy?
    Her has a name

Another launch on the Leeds business scene for any beer drinkers on 'ere I'll give some freebie publicity for.

The North Brewing Co have teamed up with the Square Ball fanzine to produce a very fine beer which is a 4.5% Californian style Pale Ale hopped with Citra, Mosaic, Cascade and Chinook our mate Moscow White from the Square Ball informs us.

They have 500 limited edition packs available including a t-shirt and badge set.

The North Brewing Co can ship globally from their website !

MOT

I have listened to Beckford a couple of times recently, apart from his allegiance to Leeds he does speak very well, I suspect he has had some coaching in that department to get into a very lucrative area of work.

I actually really enjoyed listening to him on commentary for LUFC, talks really well and loves the game rather than most ex-pros who just look to pick fault and give no actual insight into the game (Jenas, Murphy being prime examples)

He is a big part of our history as far as I'm concerned, his goals got us out of our worst situation in my lifetime (-15 in league one) and then got us up after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)