+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- The Silence Is Deafening

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Corona? Give me a break.
    Long break granted. Enjoy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. And it doesn't look like anyone in here is trying to defend the Council for the Robin Hood Energy debacle. It needs to stop.

But Swale has a point. Local council's being on the brink of going bust is far from unique to Nottingham. If people are really suggesting losing £30ish million on a project like RHE has negatively affected the council more than losing something like £100million due to cuts from central government and many many more millions because of Coronavirus (think about it - it's closed all the other assets they have financial interests in like our trams and buses, Motorpoint Arena, Theatre Royal, our Leisure centres) then they're either in denial or don't understand simple maths.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Corona? Give me a break.
    Private Eye magazine (when it used to be readable prior to the Leave vote - when Hislop had his tantru-) flagged this up in 2015 stating a 'lack of skills', 'conflicts of interest' and 'secretive reporting practices'.

I've read that there were other councils involved, mainly staffed by Momentum stooges.
    Corbyn was mentioned too.

The post last night reported that they'd sent someone to an ex-councillor's house in Wollaton for a comment - he declined.
    I bet it wasn't in Balloon Woods - more like next to the Admiral Rodney.

Trebles All Round, as they say in Private Eye.
    It's still readable.

Unless you have a need to read something that pats you on the head and tells you what a good boy you are for having those opinions that you are absolutely right about, of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12