+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Silence Is Deafening

O/T:- The Silence Is Deafening

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I thought someone on here would have started a thread about how Collins and Melon Head have bankrupted Nottingham.

I suppose it's not a surprise on here though.
    I bet most of you vote for them.

When are they planning on building the new Money Burner at Radcliffe-On-Soar?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-08-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Corrected 'Off Topic' prefix

I think you'll find the vast majority of the financial issues with 80% of our councils are caused by the impact of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic rather than any individual politicians.

ETA link... https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/23/at-least-8-in-10-english-councils-need-help-to-avoid-going-bankrupt

If you're referring to the Robin Hood Energy debacle, then maybe the deafening silence on here is to do with this being a football messageboard? Just a thought like...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-08-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think you'll find the vast majority of the financial issues with 80% of our councils are caused by the impact of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic rather than any individual politicians.

ETA link... https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/23/at-least-8-in-10-english-councils-need-help-to-avoid-going-bankrupt

If you're referring to the Robin Hood Energy debacle, then maybe the deafening silence on here is to do with this being a football messageboard? Just a thought like...

It's hard to defend what appears to have happened with Robin Hood Energy. I'm disappointed as both a council tax payer and a Robin Hood Energy customer.

Although the central government cuts of £100+ million to Nottingham City Council since 2013 have also played a part in this. Those cuts instigated the need for council's like Nottingham's to find new revenue strategies in the first place. It's not like the taxes we pay in this city to central government have gone down in those 7 years, the money has just gone to places where we don't live and into things we don't benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    It's hard to defend what appears to have happened with Robin Hood Energy. I'm disappointed as both a council tax payer and a Robin Hood Energy customer.

Although the central government cuts of £100+ million to Nottingham City Council since 2013 have also played a part in this. Those cuts instigated the need for council's like Nottingham's to find new revenue strategies in the first place. It's not like the taxes we pay in this city to central government have gone down in those 7 years, the money has just gone to places where we don't live and into things we don't benefit from.
    I'm a customer as well and have always found their prices reasonable. Not surprising if they're subsidizing the company with 43 millions of pounds of taxpayers money, 24 million of which has been written off. Typical Labour Council, useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I thought someone on here would have started a thread about how Collins and Melon Head have bankrupted Nottingham.

I suppose it's not a surprise on here though.
    I bet most of you vote for them.

When are they planning on building the new Money Burner at Radcliffe-On-Soar?
    I was interested to read your post, and despite Swale appearing to justify the position of the Nottingham City Council over this issue, I believe your statement is fully justified. The present and many past administrations have ruined Nottingham over the last 30 years. I remember the days when Nottingham was called: “Queen of the Midlands.”
    Just look at cities like Leeds, Sheffield, Derby and Leicester, they have all made progress but Nottingham continues to go backwards.
    The present days leaders of the city council should seriously consider their position.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I was interested to read your post, and despite Swale appearing to justify the position of the Nottingham City Council over this issue, I believe your statement is fully justified. The present and many past administrations have ruined Nottingham over the last 30 years. I remember the days when Nottingham was called: “Queen of the Midlands.”
    Just look at cities like Leeds, Sheffield, Derby and Leicester, they have all made progress but Nottingham continues to go backwards.
    The present days leaders of the city council should seriously consider their position.
    My intention wasn't to justify their position but merely to point out that Nottingham is just one of many councils dangling over the precipice.

Not sure how Leicester was years ago, but seeing how rampant homelessness, substance abuse and anti social behaviour were in the city centre when I had the misfortune to spend time there for work recently, I think Nottingham is Saint Tropez by comparison!

I was with Robin Hood for a while, not even a fully on-line system and by no means nowhere near the best deal (yes I'm in the City so should have got the best prices). So if an organisation can't run an overcharging enterprise in a not-for-profit situation how can one expect it to run all its other services without making a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Corona? Give me a break.
    Private Eye magazine (when it used to be readable prior to the Leave vote - when Hislop had his tantru-) flagged this up in 2015 stating a 'lack of skills', 'conflicts of interest' and 'secretive reporting practices'.

I've read that there were other councils involved, mainly staffed by Momentum stooges.
    Corbyn was mentioned too.

The post last night reported that they'd sent someone to an ex-councillor's house in Wollaton for a comment - he declined.
    I bet it wasn't in Balloon Woods - more like next to the Admiral Rodney.

Trebles All Round, as they say in Private Eye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast