+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brindley signs

Brindley signs

Richard Brindley has become the latest player to sign a new contract ahead of the 2020-21 season.

The 27-year-old’s consistent performances at right back since his arrival last September, capped by a wonder-goal at home to Torquay, made him a mainstay in our starting XI last season and he is now focused on his future at the Lane.

“I’m really excited to get back to work,” said Brindley. “There’s a feeling of unfinished business when it comes to winning promotion with this club.

“I haven’t had a pre-season for the last three years which hasn’t been ideal, so I’m really looking forward to putting that right this year and getting some solid preparations under my belt.

“I’m very confident that Notts is a club that will help me fulfil my potential next season and that the supporters are yet to see the best of me.

“Although I joined a little late last season, I’ve connected with all my team-mates, the manager and his staff and we’re all determined to achieve success.”

Michael Doyle and Alex Lacey have already committed their futures to the club, while new contract offers have also been made to Joe McDonnell, Dion Kelly-Evans, Sam Osborne and Kristian Dennis.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ntract-130820/

Chuffed by this. On his day he's got to be one of the best full backs in the division.

I'm guessing this new deal was negotiated by a different agent to the one who advised him whilst he was at Colchester.
    https://talksport.com/football/57162...ent-nightmare/
    Last edited by DaveSmithRules; 13-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Another good bit of business by the club

Interesting to read his comments as a player regarding not having a proper pre season.

Good news. Hope he's right with 'the supporters are yet to see the best of me'. That would be right back sorted.

Everybody sees the game differently. I wouldn't say Brindley has done much wrong since joining us, but he hasn't (yet) been the player i thought he would be given his pedigree. I felt Dion Kelly-Evans offered more enthusiasm and looked more influential when he played, but next season's a clean slate so let's see if a fitter, better prepared Brindley looks the part. Certainly on paper he's as good as you're likely to get at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Everybody sees the game differently. I wouldn't say Brindley has done much wrong since joining us, but he hasn't (yet) been the player i thought he would be given his pedigree. I felt Dion Kelly-Evans offered more enthusiasm and looked more influential when he played, but next season's a clean slate so let's see if a fitter, better prepared Brindley looks the part. Certainly on paper he's as good as you're likely to get at this level.
    Agree with this. If you combined Brindley’s attributes/natural ability (pace, great right foot/delivery) with DKE’s work rate and desire there’d probably be a Championship full-back there. Brindley undoubtedly can deliver a great ball in and is often mentioned as one of the quickest players we have, but too often we don’t see either as he’ll jog into good positions then pass it five yards sideways.

Think had it not been for lockdown DKE - who was flying - would have displaced him as first choice right back. Hopefully he’ll also re-sign as it’s a nice problem to have, both clearly more than capable.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good news. Hope he's right with 'the supporters are yet to see the best of me'. That would be right back sorted.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1293946284919992325