+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan Dunn & Owen Betts

Declan Dunn & Owen Betts

Basford United FC
    @Basfordutdfc

Basford United delight as Ex Notts County youngsters Declan Dunn & Owen Betts sign deals

https://basfordunited.com/news/basfo...e-2559345.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Basford United FC
    @Basfordutdfc

Basford United delight as Ex Notts County youngsters Declan Dunn & Owen Betts sign deals

https://basfordunited.com/news/basfo...e-2559345.html

Is it worth bothering with an academy anymore? I know it's subsidised but when we do produce a half decent youngster, current rules allow the Prem to hoover him up for next to nowt. Plus Florist on our doorstep certainly doesn't help. Surely the 'moneyball method' is a better option and actually has more chance of success and more chance of providing a decent wad when a player moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Is it worth bothering with an academy anymore? I know it's subsidised but when we do produce a half decent youngster, current rules allow the Prem to hoover him up for next to nowt. Plus Florist on our doorstep certainly doesn't help. Surely the 'moneyball method' is a better option and actually has more chance of success and more chance of providing a decent wad when a player moves on.
    Alex Howells is there as well he played in their preseason game with Eastwood community.

I think they will do well under Chettle and in 2 or 3 years might be good enough to come back to Notts, maybe Basford are a finishing school for us.