+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Main rivals for next season

Main rivals for next season

I really feel that we can be champions in the NL next season. TBH If it wasn't for the pandemic I thought we were going to win it last season.
    So have I like most football supporters have rose tinted glasses on?.
    So who do you guys feel could be our main challanges next season?.

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    I really feel that we can be champions in the NL next season. TBH If it wasn't for the pandemic I thought we were going to win it last season.
    Chesterfield have new owners. Stockport will likely continue to improve. Wrexham will surely do much better than last season (4th in 2018/19). There will probably be a surprise package among the four who've just come up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Chesterfield have new owners. Stockport will likely continue to improve. Wrexham will surely do much better than last season (4th in 2018/19). There will probably be a surprise package among the four who've just come up as well.
    Pretty much my view this, would probably add Yeovil to the list and maybe Boreham Wood

Before Davey500 posts it, any team with a high-press as Ardley can't handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Before Davey500 posts it, any team with a high-press as Ardley can't handle them.
    He can not Mania, that has already been proven.
    But its essential that he can, not just to get out of this league, but to compete in league 2 if we get there, because there will be many more there. Luckily for us, there will only be 2 or 3 teams like that in this division, unfortunately the 2 last season are now in a division above us

We need more wins at home , most teams will come for a point and park the bus.
    This is another negative point for NA has been to many draws.( respecting the point) In league 2 , drawing against poor teams at home eg morcambe, port vale, crawley. Last season to many draws against poor sides, eg Dover, sutton, maidenhead etc

Teams near the top, Yeovil, Barnet, Stockport, Boreham wood, Halifax , and probably a dark horse no one predicted

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    It could have been close, but Barrow had a sizeable advantage, 7 points clear, a game in hand , a better goal difference.

Notts had 9 games left , so 27 available, so it was possible but not likely

I think Hartlepool could do well. They've been pretty much play-off form since Challinor took over and have a bit of cash to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    He can not Mania, that has already been proven.
    But its essential that he can, not just to get out of this league, but to compete in league 2 if we get there, because there will be many more there. Luckily for us, there will only be 2 or 3 teams like that in this division, unfortunately the 2 last season are now in a division above us

We need more wins at home , most teams will come for a point and park the bus.
    This is another negative point for NA has been to many draws.( respecting the point) In league 2 , drawing against poor teams at home eg morcambe, port vale, crawley. Last season to many draws against poor sides, eg Dover, sutton, maidenhead etc

Teams near the top, Yeovil, Barnet, Stockport, Boreham wood, Halifax , and probably a dark horse no one predicted
    So, you’ve got Notts 7th or lower then?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    So, you’ve got Notts 7th or lower then?
    I have a play off position again, 3rd or 4th , but can we be the best team in the league ???

Unless one off two things, he can get more wins at home against mid to poor sides ( lots of points here for promotion) , or stop high press teams, that he will have to do to win in the play offs , and compete in league 2

You would have to say, and in no particular order:

Notts
    Stockport
    Chessie
    Halifax
    Wrexham (they must surely live up to their big club status soon ?)
    Hartlepool
    Bromley
    Torquay

I agree that there will be the usual surprise package.

It will be another scrap every game but Notts have to be dominating teams much more as befits any true promotion team.
    The odd shock result and poor disposal is inevitable but the proverbial cold Tuesday night away at "team x" is where results have to be taken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast