+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Main rivals for next season

Halifax, Hartlepool, Stockport
    maybe Yeovil, Barnet and my outside bet Dover

If we recruit well we shouldn't be too concerned about any of those

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Halifax, Hartlepool, Stockport
    maybe Yeovil, Barnet and my outside bet Dover

If we recruit well we shouldn't be too concerned about any of those

Chessie do have new owners. Aren't they now Community/fan owned club as we used to be? We didn't do so well when we were.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sp...motion-2939977

Will Chesterfield be challenging for the title?? Supporters Trusts have shown they have very little money in the transfer market.

Stockport, all the way for me. They merit respect. Also a return to top form for Solihull Moors.
    Bromley? Yer havin' a larf. Did you study their end of season form?
    Chessie will do OK but I don't see them as top 4 challengers.

So much will depend on the strength of each club’s squad when the season starts and with the financial uncertainties caused by covid 19, it’s not possible to say what that will be. There seems to be no prospect of fans being readmitted to grounds in the near future and I suspect that several clubs in this league (and others) will be on the brink financially. This could lead to some clubs not being able to finish next season, perhaps also to a few not being able to start it. In other cases, squads could be trimmed down to the bare bones and subs benches could be full of untried youngsters.

Do we know which clubs will still be in a position to maintain a squad of decent strength for the whole season? I don’t, but any who can are likely to be the ones fighting it out at the top. Fortunately for us, it appears that Notts may be one of these (would we be signing players now if we weren’t?), but who else qualifies?

Predictions at this time are difficult to the point of being impossible.

If another club runs away with the title, it may still be very important to place as high as we can, there could well be more than two clubs promoted from the National if more than two FL clubs go bust during the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If another club runs away with the title, it may still be very important to place as high as we can, there could well be more than two clubs promoted from the National if more than two FL clubs go bust during the course of the season.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Smart comment, UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Stockport, all the way for me. They merit respect. Also a return to top form for Solihull Moors.
    Bromley? Yer havin' a larf. Did you study their end of season form?
    Chessie will do OK but I don't see them as top 4 challengers.
    Last seasons form is all but irrelevant given the changes all the teams will make. Who would have thought Barrow this time last season

Definitely agree with those saying Stockport. Signing Rooney from Barrow certainly shows their intent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast