+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ot heres a good one

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Pretty much the same but in both the UK and US and some others. After 45 years of marriage I’m assuming she won’t have a sudden rush of blood to the head and clean me out. Have gradually been closing down accounts in other parts of the world where we’ve lived. It gets too complicated and they all have to be declared every year in the US.
    Sounds like you've too much coin pal.

As to the OP, single accounts ever since we met and got together. Every bill no matter what it is, is split 50/50. It has worked a treat all our 36 years of being together. No arguments and no demands off each other.
    Last edited by Brin; 14-08-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sounds like you've too much coin pal.

As to the OP, single accounts ever since we met and got together. Every bill no matter what it is, is split 50/50. It has worked a treat all our 36 years of being together. No arguments and no demands off each other.
    Oreight, Brin, I’ll buy thee a pint next time we get together. A can tek a hint!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Oreight, Brin, I’ll buy thee a pint next time we get together. A can tek a hint!
    ...thar on pal

I'm retired, don't draw my private pension instead it's invested for the other half. She works and has a very good job. We have several accounts and have Power of Attorney over each other, so really it doesn't matter who's name is on the account.

That's a very good point, Avondalemiller. Access to individual bank accounts, post death, without a POA isn't possible, other than for funeral expenses, until probate has been completed.

None of our individual accounts has significant holdings but it could become an issue for some people.

Nice to know that there are some enlightened guys on this board. We'll be reading next that some blokes actually know how to clean a toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Nice to know that there are some enlightened guys on this board. We'll be reading next that some blokes actually know how to clean a toilet.
    Tha does talk crap at times Patty

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Tha does talk crap at times Patty
    Yes, that was a bit unrealistic I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12