+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- A Level Results

Quote Originally Posted by piewoman View Post
    My daughter got her predicted grades A* A B she certainly didn't go to any posh school
    Great news. I assume she went to the Nottm HS for girls? Oh wait, you already said she didn’t. The conspiracy theorists out there won’t have it or will claim she is one of a few.

Anyway, hope your daughter is happy with what she got and is looking forward to the next phase of her life whether uni or work.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some will say it’s bull**** Gump. Interesting read.

... what an interesting read. I wonder where next our moaning, lefty, union-bound creeps will scuttle. About time stuttering Starmar reset his agenda; he won't have Momentum to help him ...

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Some will say it’s bull**** Gump. Interesting read.
    As in, anyone who doesn't agree with it, their views being based on politics rather than fact?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... this whole farce makes me laugh. Whilst the government definitely carries the can, the educationalists have sat on their hands moaning about CV19 as if they are a special case. Meanwhile these so called smart alecs have had months to devise an acceptable alternative mark awarding system - because they're super intelligent and know all the answers. But it's beneath them to do anything that's non standard and solve a problem.
    Left to me, I wouldn't allow anyone wishing to be a teacher anywhere near a school until they've worked for 10 years in the real world.
    CV19 will turn out to be a real bonus for some young people who are having an early taste of what it's like to have whyte deposited upon then. The good ones will resolve not to rely on others, but to learn about making their own way in life
    Oh, by the way, most of us know that academic qualifications only get you to an interview; personal attributes being far more important with regards to a successful job or career ... but don't tell the teachers!
    Such a strange and bitter post. I think you will find that most teachers care far more about developing personal attributes and would love a more holistic approach to education. Unfortunately, due to league tables and ridiculous pressure imposed on them, they have to focus on results built around high stakes tests. You won't find many teachers who like this current system.

What exactly to expect teachers to do? Rebel against the system? Refuse to comply? We have no power!

I do agree that teachers shouldn't be allowed to train until they are 25 though. Particularly in secondary education as some are far too close to their students in age. I do think you need a certain amount of life experience behind you.

Claim: 40% of pupils had their grades downgraded.

So they claim it wasn’t 40%, what was it then?

‘This is why 39% of the grades submitted by teachers were standardised to produce final calculated grades.’

Hahahaha

Quite apart from that classic, this is the biggest politicisation of official Govt comms I’ve ever seen. Reminds of when they tried to dress up the official Tory party Twitter account as a fact checking service during the election.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 15-08-2020 at 01:59 PM.

As in, anyone who doesn't agree with it, their views being based on politics rather than fact?
    ‘Facts’ straight form the government propaganda machine Gumpy?

If Boris Johnson came round and did a big sh!t on their doorstep, there’s a few on here who’d lap that up too.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    ‘Facts’ straight form the government propaganda machine Gumpy?

If Boris Johnson came round and did a big sh!t on their doorstep, there’s a few on here who’d lap that up too.
    I would if it was at your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I would if it was at your house.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast