+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- A Level Results

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He won’t be able to Swale.
    Oops !

The only alternative is to give everyone the grades they think they deserve.
    Or the grades the teachers who taught them most of the year think they deserve. Unless they have wealthy parents then it's the grades they have paid for. That's a much better system for growing your future leaders as current outcomes show.

See above. You get what you voted for. Mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Cheers, will take a look
    Or

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/35-of...eveal-12048251

To declare an interest, my daughter who goes to a very good school gets her GCSE results next week and she’ll be fine.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 14-08-2020 at 07:16 PM.

I would recommend reading BFP's fact checking link to the end.

It states that the effect is due to a statistical anomaly rather than ideological bias, and to prove that point is more pronounced in decidedly unTory Scotland than in England. It also basically says there isn't an obvious better way of doing it.

He won’t be able to Swale.
    Yeah, all he'll do is post a link to a far left website like Channel4 (snigger) to back up his point.

Seriously, is there anyone on here who wouldn't usually vote Tory but did so at the last election who is happy with the way their party of choice has run the country since Boris became PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yeah, all he'll do is post a link to a far left website like Channel4 (snigger) to back up his point.

Seriously, is there anyone on here who wouldn't usually vote Tory but did so at the last election who is happy with the way their party of choice has run the country since Boris became PM?
    Did you actually read his link Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    It says the system favours students in smaller cohorts. Which favours people who go to private schools.

I don’t know about you, but if I was devising a exam replacement system, it would deliberately favour disadvantaged students. I’m no expert though.

GCSE students will be even more disadvantaged.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...OSApp_OtherThe
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 14-08-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Must admit that rather lazily I didn't read it in full at first, but I have now.

My admittedly premature response was aimed at the post saying that he wouldn't be able to back up his comment, and while the article isn't cast iron proof that he was right, it hardly discredits it. If you can prove that's wrong please go ahead.

My brothers daughter was predicted A A B and got B B C( no pun intended). Fortunately she has an unconditional offer for Nottingham Uni. It will be appealed. She got A* A* A in her mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    My brothers daughter was predicted A A B and got B B C( no pun intended). Fortunately she has an unconditional offer for Nottingham Uni. It will be appealed. She got A* A* A in her mocks.
    I agree she should appeal any offer to go to Nottm Uni. Have you seen them about town on a Friday night? Get your niece to somewhere quiet and civil like Keele where nothing happens.

My daughter got her predicted grades A* A B she certainly didn't go to any posh school

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast