+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow of the mark AGAIN

Slow of the mark AGAIN

Here we go again waiting for venkys to announce the funds....meanwhile Sheffield Wednesday purchase dunkley from Wigan.
    He would of been an ideal signing.
    Rush loans here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Here we go again waiting for venkys to announce the funds....meanwhile Sheffield Wednesday purchase dunkley from Wigan.
    He would of been an ideal signing.
    Rush loans here we come.
    I said this a few weeks ago. We will be lucky to have a club in 12 months time. We like many others will simply not be able to stay afloat without fans or any kind of revenue.
    If Rovers make it through the season without entering administration, they will be doing well.
    Never mind relegation. If they lost one of the 3 half decent players they have, then they could be scrapping around the bottom 5 all season.
    Venkys have no money, and they will not be in a position to fund us right now. I'm not even convinced they will be funding the academy anymore.
    All the Prem clubs have stated that any loan signing will have to be funded 100% by the club loaning the player. City funded 35% of Tosins wage last season eg. So that will rule out any decent loan player.
    The loan system stays open to Oct. So any loan business (I cant see any personally) for Rovers will be done in the final week. Meaning we will start the season with one new player, a keeper. And play at least the first month with last years players.
    Difficult times ahead.

I am concerned at the moment.
    Things are very quiet,while clubs around us are steadily adding quality here and there.
    Apparently mowbray is on holiday which by the way is fine,but not if he has to then phone up pune,for a transfer fund on his return.

We have NO money.. That's means NO money for Charlton keepers.. NO money for frees(wages).. just ZERO.

We will go with what we have with HOPEFULLY no outgoings.

It is time for the academy to step up.

I notice champs you are referring to Rovers as 'they'. Are you choosing to distance yourself from the club emotionally now? Probably a smart move.

If we dont improve in any way,we will stay up but by the skin of our teeth.
    What does that mean for our future?well as saxo pointed out,that's for our academy to step up.

Robin, I have looked at fan-sites for most of our Championship rivals.
    On nearly all of them, there are complaints about the lack of signings, or the poor quality of those signed.
    I think this is called the reality of the COVID-era.

I have seen several making a start in bringing players in of a reasonable quality,meanwhile we wait and wait and wait,until near the end of the window and we rush players through.
    Another loan keeper isn't the answer,as we are just pushing the problem along.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I notice champs you are referring to Rovers as 'they'. Are you choosing to distance yourself from the club emotionally now? Probably a smart move.
    I feel no real connection anymore. I take no real joy from going. I cant watch them on TV. I hate watching my team on tv good or bad. Football is a live sport for fans. I'm falling out of love with football full stop. Lockdown has changed everything, but I was getting fed up trailing down for the last few seasons anyway. Rovers are going nowhere and I just see it as a waste of time & money. I'll always keep an eye out for them but I'm not bothering with a season ticket anymore.

Its still quite a poorly run football despite improvements being made. Who's idea was it to give Mulgrew such a long contract. He didn't start playing badly last season. His wages are crucifying us. Who decided to offer Johnson a long contract? His wages are killing us. Why are they bothering to offer Downing a new deal? Who keeps offering Bennett another deal? And also factor in £12m spent on two strikers who are rarely played as strikers and have never really improved. We have wasted millions in the last few seasons and simply haven't improved. Now it is time for the academy kids to step up. But the old pro's kept around are all on easy street. And all on stupid money. Mowbray has bull****ted the club into having this European network of scouts. That unearthed nobody other than Holtby who was a free agent and had been released. After his non performances you can see why. Another waste of time & money. Other than Dack & Armstrong, his signings have been largely poor. The manager has been given a load of money to strengthen a side who haven't improved. That same man now has to show faith is kids he has never shown in the past. And his old boys club, most of which dont play or contribute anything stay front and centre. And if we start poorly next month, he will go straight back to Johnson, Bennett etc who will continually let him down. But he won't trust the younger lads. This was all evident vrs Chatlton on the opening game of last season. And it was vrs Luton on the final game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)