+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is our support?

Where is our support?

I work for a small firm just outside Kintore. All NE lads bar one guy who is from Edinburgh but now stays near Pitsligo.

2 huns, a celtic fan, me and 2 makey-on dandies who spend more time arguing about who is better, Man U or Liverpool - don't think either have ever been to Pittodrie.

No matter what the club do they are up against it with the mindset up here.

What's the dandie/hun/tim/other ratio where you work?

It’s mainly Huns, including a former first team & a couple of youth players. Their stories from the hun dressing room are pretty good to be fair. Few Tims, lot of guff football fans, one Iraqi who bets on Barcelona & is probably having a bad night & 1 Aberdeen fan.

Amazed at the amount of NE teuchters that pass through who support the OF

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s mainly Huns, including a former first team & a couple of youth players. Their stories from the hun dressing room are pretty good to be fair. Few Tims, lot of guff football fans, one Iraqi who bets on Barcelona & is probably having a bad night & 1 Aberdeen fan.

Amazed at the amount of NE teuchters that pass through who support the OF
    Don’t suppose either of them shared a dressing room with Derek did they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Don’t suppose either of them shared a dressing room with Derek did they ?
    Nah, well after. Billy Dodds is a total w@nk btw

Havin played in many bands ower 40 odd years, I canna name a line-up of any which wisna 'Dandy-dominant' .... and yet, at least in the past 30 years, canna name a line-up which didna hae a 'pet-Tim'.

As ye might imagine, said 'pet-Tims' would hae tae be exceptionally good guys tae be in the mix .... and would need tae be thick skinned when the piss was gettin ripped .... and, sorry, ye might nae want tae know this, but they were/are!

Recently tho .... Stalwarts, Toxik Ephex found themsels in a whole new pot o' steam! .... We took on a new singer ..... who has done us proud in every way except one ..... he's a fυckin Hun!

Ah've known him for as lang as the band has been twangin .... always been good chums .... but only found oot his affliction efter takkin him on board tae get the band back on the go. Due diligence? ... Fυck! ... the fact he's fae the Broch should hae had the alarm bells skirlin ... but nah.

On the upside tho .... 1) ... he is an itherwise good lad fa can handle the piss-rippin .... and .... 2) We've since added anither Dandy tae oor line-up tae maintain the 'balance o' power'

Mostly Huns, always mostly Huns for me with a few pet Tims.

Loads of Huns at my work ,mostly plastic fans that have rarely attended a game I suspect . A couple Tims and a couple Dandies

I work with a lot of military who come from all over so there are a number of different clubs supported roundabout me. Plymouth, Southampton, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Spurs, Liverpool, Wrexham. Of the Scots guys it's mainly huns, one bitter tim who hates all things British yet works for her majesty, 3 Motherwell, a jambo a Morton fan, Killie, Falkirk and me.Couple of other Dons fans in the building but not working right next to me. 1400 people in my work lol

Well this particular little sheepcrooky fan is stuck quarantined at home for the next 14 days. Just returned from Malta today, 12 hours too late.

So is it purely a glory hunting thing? A lot of people supporting whoever was winning at the time they decided to support a team?

The NE guys who decide to support the cheeks and actually go to games is one thing. To stay up here and not go to games while claiming to support them is another thing altogether. It's up their with those who complain that Scottish football is ****e 'cos there's no money it while staying at home watching Spurs v Leicester on Sky Sports Super Sunday Sport Super Action or whatever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast