+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Oh God, here we go...the three ’Torytears’...GP, R59 and Tricky are at it again...totally and deliberately misinterpreting all that’s been said.

One last time...no one on here has questioned the effectiveness of the Government’s policy on vaccination...so far. Equally...to use a football analogy...nobody wins the league at Christmas either and there remains a very long way to go.

Moreover if you’re going to publish and celebrate league tables with us in a very gratifying 1st place as far as vaccinations are concerned it’s only reasonable to acknowledge our other ‘top spot’, in the ‘deaths and cases’ league.

Balance is everything.

Focussing on the positive again sorry, I’m in for my jab tomorrow, and (not mentioned by anyone else I don’t think) I have a date for my second one too, May 7th! Someone knows something about the security of supplies that we don’t...

Excellent news! Another step closer to safety for the Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Focussing on the positive again sorry, I’m in for my jab tomorrow, and (not mentioned by anyone else I don’t think) I have a date for my second one too, May 7th! Someone knows something about the security of supplies that we don’t...
    The second date thing is a bit strange. I’m the only person I know of who hasn’t yet received a second date. Everyone else got theirs at the time of booking or vaccination. Hope they don’t know something I don’t!
    I also got an NHS letter last week...four days after my first jab...telling me I could now book my first jab.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh God, here we go...the three ’Torytears’...GP, R59 and Tricky are at it again...totally and deliberately misinterpreting all that’s been said.

One last time...no one on here has questioned the effectiveness of the Government’s policy on vaccination...so far. Equally...to use a football analogy...nobody wins the league at Christmas either and there remains a very long way to go.

Moreover if you’re going to publish and celebrate league tables with us in a very gratifying 1st place as far as vaccinations are concerned it’s only reasonable to acknowledge our other ‘top spot’, in the ‘deaths and cases’ league.

Balance is everything.
    I agree balance is everything, RA. Tell me where Swale has given the government any credit, unless you class admiring the government for not getting in the way of the scientists and the NHS, as being credit.

Unlike myself and yourself, who have praised and criticised the government at times, just with different thresholds on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I agree balance is everything, RA. Tell me where Swale has given the government any credit, unless you class admiring the government for not getting in the way of the scientists and the NHS, as being credit.

Unlike myself and yourself, who have praised and criticised the government at times, just with different thresholds on both.
    Not my job to defend Swale, but he has acknowledged the role played by the UK Govt in the procurement and delivery of vaccines. He has also been critical of EU policy over the same issue.

What he hasn’t done is agree that the current UK vaccine success is entirely down to the Government...quite right too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Except he didn't other than let the scientists get on with it, doubt he even had a part in approving the purchase, about the only thing he has done is leave this to the experts, the vaccine developers and NHS and provide money as required, not exactly world beating leadership!

Plus of course, we are number one at the moment but have only given one dose.

He seems reluctant to give Johnson and his government any credit here.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    The second date thing is a bit strange. I’m the only person I know of who hasn’t yet received a second date. Everyone else got theirs at the time of booking or vaccination. Hope they don’t know something I don’t!
    I also got an NHS letter last week...four days after my first jab...telling me I could now book my first jab.
    I haven't got a second date, just told I'll get a text in about 12 weeks. Maybe they figure we'll both be dead before 12 weeks is out?

I got an NHS letter telling me to book the jab 2 days after I had done so online after receiving a text. I suspect they reckon us over 60's don't get the tech and so need something we can read and dial into them on our landlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    He seems reluctant to give Johnson and his government any credit here.
    Not wrong though is he? Sometimes providing the finance and supporting the experts is the best we can expect from Government. Still, as I say, Swale can look after himself and it’s not my role to speak for him.

P.S. I wonder, Parky, if you, like me, waited for your GP practice to get in touch rather than being more ‘proactive’ and being offered an alternative venue. I think I only know one other person up here who went down the GP route...all the others went the ‘short circuit’ way and were given a second date at the time.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-02-2021 at 07:21 PM.

I waited in turn, didn't try to jump it ☺️

Page 126 of 299 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)