+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 139 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure that’s entirely fair, MA. I don’t think all vaccines claim to ‘provide immunity’.
    Those for such illnesses as Measles, Polio and Smallpox seem to, but the annual flu vaccine has never claimed to provide immunity...like the Covid one it reduces your chances of catching it and further reduces your catches of being seriously ill or dying from it...allegedly.

P.S. Exactly the same thought occurred to me GP...but then the radio seems to have been dominated today by our 99 year old DoE being unwell. Maybe public figures matter more than we thought.
    Not unfair at all IMO rA. Your flu example is, IMO, a red herring. It DOES claim to give you protection from the 3 or 4 strains they THINK will be the most prevalent in the next flu sason. They've already decided which strains will be in the flu jab come Oct/Nov this year and are actively manufactiring it. You won't get the strains in the jab but you are wide open to all other strains.......

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Not unfair at all IMO rA. Your flu example is, IMO, a red herring. It DOES claim to give you protection from the 3 or 4 strains they THINK will be the most prevalent in the next flu sason. They've already decided which strains will be in the flu jab come Oct/Nov this year and are actively manufactiring it. You won't get the strains in the jab but you are wide open to all other strains.......
    You’re usually very well informed so I won’t argue too much. Imo the flu vaccine provides partial protection which depends, as you say on the ‘strains’, and on other factors like age, general health and level of fitness etc. Fine lines.

This whole post is a red herring. You don't want it MA, fine, don't have it. There are those of us who were comfortable with having it and, if it is an "any port in a storm", then fine. So be it, its better than nothing.

It may not be a universal panacea, but its better than nowt and if it lifts public confidence enough to support a slow withdrawl from lockdown, then it works for me. It doesn't need undermining as a process by someone who I believe isn't a scientific expert on vaccine efficacy. We are struggling to maintain lockdown discipline already, imagine the chaos in the summer if its announced that the vaccine wont work and lockdown will have to be strengthened. A civil insurrection will result in those who feel its only a minor aggravation if they catch it, and who value going on holiday, getting pissed and casual shagging as more important. And that's just among the over 60's

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Should we redefine what a vaccine is or find a new noun for this substance they're injecting folk with?

A vaccine provides immunity, AstraPfiJanErna don't do that, the only proven thing is that it reduces the chances of you ending up in hospital/ICU with it.
    Salvation, try that

Just learned that an old school friend died within just a few days of showing symptoms. 36 years of age, and a real fitness junkie. Wish he'd had the jab, he might still be here. Poor sod leaves behind a family. Get yourselves jabbed!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Just learned that an old school friend died within just a few days of showing symptoms. 36 years of age, and a real fitness junkie. Wish he'd had the jab, he might still be here. Poor sod leaves behind a family. Get yourselves jabbed!
    puts it perspective
    Open the box or not

Sit down RA, are you comfortable?

Right then Boris/Tories. When are you going to wind your necks in and that of the dumb police, regarding the abuse and harrassment of the general public over COVID. The bacon is over stepping its powers and yet you have done nothing to reel in the chief constables who push this over the top response to members of the public.
    We are not talking raves/parties here. Just people walking in the street. Don't give details? You're arrested for not breaking any laws.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/25/every...wful-14143868/

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    puts it perspective
    Open the box or not
    It's bad enough dealing with the extra death in service cases at work, I don't think it's getting through to people just how devastating this virus is to families. I just don't understand the pedantry or spoilt brat excuses for not following the guidance or getting jabbed, and it doesn't help when people with a pedestal go fanning the flames with bull**** anti vax claims.

It's bad enough dealing with the extra death in service cases at work, I don't think it's getting through to people just how devastating this virus is to families. I just don't understand the pedantry or spoilt brat excuses for not following the guidance or getting jabbed, and it doesn't help when people with a pedestal go fanning the flames with bull**** anti vax claims.
    I think you’re absolutely right, Adi. Suspect the pedantry and ‘excuses to not follow the guidance’ come from the ‘randomness’ of the virus.
    To be totally anecdotal...I know a guy who, at about twenty stones and in his fifties should fit the stereotype of a potential Covid candidate...but no...his nine stone wet through, early forties, fit as a fiddle wife was the one who got it, and he nursed her through nine really difficult weeks while remaining completely healthy.
    Likewise I know of a local family where Mum, Dad and Grandad all died of it within three days and yet the rest of the family are completely untouched.
    So random...so inexplicable...so scary. Perhaps the Government have raised the bar in terms of expectation too early. Not entirely their fault.
    Sorry about your old school friend.

absolutely Adi.
    Facts are facts.
    It is your personnel choice to get vaxed. But it doesn't give anyone the right to tell lies to justify it.
    Neither does it give you the right to ignore distancing/gatherings because of it.

Seems to me, the police though are guilty of these breeches and targetting the wrong ones.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9471816.html

Yet stop on a park bench, you get clobbered even when alone.

Page 139 of 299 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)