+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well bang goes your theory about about our government bashing media and BBC.
    You’ve been saying this for a while and - anecdotally - I’m told the vaccination centre in Horsley Woodhouse, which was doing a roaring trade six or seven weeks ago, has closed down.
    Not sure what’s going on but if you’re right it’s a massive own goal.
    The only reason the Covid figures have improved so much is because of the lockdown of the last two and a bit months or so. Beyond that the reasons for optimism were based on the success of the vaccine programme. If that is now to come to a stuttering halt with only about half of the eligible population having had the first part of their vaccine we’re in trouble and there have to be more doubts about our politicians handling of the pandemic.

P.S. The ‘newsworthiness’ of ‘a former princess’ is truly nauseating. I for one couldn’t care less what the attention seeking twosome get up to, especially at a time like this.
    Careful with the stuttering halt thing, it’s still going way better than most other countries but it does look like there’s a problem

Well it doesn't seem to be effecting ratings.
    The Tories are on 45%, Labour 32% according to YOUGOV 3/03/21.
    If supplies are dwindling, then the gov aint being blamed.

Interesting fact to that survey, showed the biggest gap was working class(52%) in favour of tories, while only 27% for Labour.
    Liberal/middle class narrower, Tories on 40%, Labour 35%

So COVID means different things to different classes for me.

So when politicians are judged, it isn't always what you think, according to others opinions.

Not bothered about party politics in comparison to all my loved ones getting the vaccine. Apparently supply dwindles for ten days then goes at 800k per day from then on. I recall there was a comment, said in a knowing way, from one of the BBC journos to this effect last week but I’ve not heard again since

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not bothered about party politics in comparison to all my loved ones getting the vaccine.
    Exactly!

Good to see the governments got its priorities right, £2.6 million on a media centre in Downing Street to provide a more posh area to peddle lies and a derisory 1% pay rise for NHS staff which apparently they value!

That utter waste of space Nadine Dorries expresses surprise that they even got a pay rise this year!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Good to see the governments got its priorities right, £2.6 million on a media centre in Downing Street to provide a more posh area to peddle lies and a derisory 1% pay rise for NHS staff which apparently they value!

That utter waste of space Nadine Dorries expresses surprise that they even got a pay rise this year!
    Fair points but on the latter that’s actually the mood of the nation also

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Fair points but on the latter that’s actually the mood of the nation also
    I’m not sure how you’ve reached that latter conclusion, AF, or what your evidence is.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not often I agree with you Swale but the 2.6m spend at Downing Street is a total waste, but in terms of cash it wouldn't change the 1% by very much if it were spent on NHS wages.

The current spend on NHS wages must be at least 50 billion (was almost 48 billion in 2016-17). Thus your inferred comparison is disingenuous: tossing another 2.6 million at the NHS wage budget would maybe give every staff member an extra £1 each after tax per annum.

Your correct, though it was more an indication of the governments viewpoint than a direct comparison. The £22 billion spent on a not fit for purpose track and trace system might have made a dent though!

Also rumour has it that HMRC have accepted a 13% pay offer, not that I'm against paying the people who collect essential taxes well, but it does look a bit odd!

Page 141 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)