+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2981

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    MAYBE...this is just the ‘nature of the beast’...the same for vaccinations as it is for Covid itself, and other illnesses, come to that.

We all know people who have flu badly and take a month or more to recover while others are over it in a week. Likewise with Covid...I know a couple of people who’ve had it and been fully recovered within ten days while others clearly don’t even know they’ve had it and some are still seriously struggling after almost a year.

Should we be surprised then that people react differently to the vaccine? The vast majority of people I know have described no ill effects, or a slightly stiff arm at worst, while a small minority have suggested they felt somewhere between ‘a bit off colour’ to ‘unwell’ for a week or so afterwards.

Much the same has been the case with the flu vaccine but, personally, I’d prefer to take the minimal risk and be vaccinated.
    pretty much my view of things rA

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The Dutch government has just suspended use of the AZ vaccine for 2 weeks to investigate the cases of thrombosis seen in Europe. Apparently, 6 people out of the 17 million people who had the AZ vaccine, have had thrombosis afterwards. They are looking at the facts, they say, to find out if it's caused by the vaccine or by underlying conditions.

6 out of 17 million seems to be cause for concern.
    I have some Dutch friends complaining about their government saying they are not being led by scientific guidance, and from reading this, I'm not surprised.

But my quick calculation puts that at 0.000035% risk... of potential risk. If they want to prevent loss of life, perhaps they should ban smoking, drinking, driving, exercise, walking, or even the fateful sitting in chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I have some Dutch friends complaining about their government saying they are not being led by scientific guidance, and from reading this, I'm not surprised.

But my quick calculation puts that at 0.000035% risk... of potential risk. If they want to prevent loss of life, perhaps they should ban smoking, drinking, driving, exercise, walking, or even the fateful sitting in chairs.
    Maybe they need some strong and stable government

Absurd. Death caused by AZ vaccine - nil in 17 million, 6 cases of non fatal thrombosis, which, in its DVT version you can get from air travel. I see no air travel ban, well not due to DVT anyway.

I'll wager more people have been killed or injured driving to the vaccination centres - driving there only needs one death to be more deadly!

Investigate, for sure, but don't suspend vaccination program.

Claims on Twitter that, in the AZ tests, more people who were given the placebo got thrombosis than folk who got the vaccine did.

May well be true.... https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-ce...zd1222hlr.html

Fergus rolled his sleeve up to have his over the weekend. That’s good enough for me!

who?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    who?
    My reaction too GP.

Fergus Walsh...BBC’s ‘Medical Editor/Senior Correspondent’. My personal choice of most trustworthy source of information throughout the pandemic.

Never heard of him.

Page 149 of 299 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)